NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - ZZP Modified 1.9 Rockers
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

ZZP Modified 1.9 Rockers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber
Elite Contributor (Amount: 1) Elite Contributor

Posts per day: 0.24

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:  ZZP Modified 1.9 Rockers Reply with quote

I started hearing a ticking noise coming from under the valve covers, which turned out to side to side play on a few of
the rockers arms. These are the ZZP modified 1.9 rockers which were purchased on 5/24/10. Although I've had these installed for quite a few years, I've only driven 22,928 miles with them installed. I don't know how many miles were on them before the I owned them, guess I shouldn't have purchased used rockers. ZZP doesn't sell this type anymore, they offer ones with an improved trunnion and bearing design. I got in contact with ZZP, to see if they could repair these, had a repair kit or had few lying around which they didn't. I then ask for a discount on purchasing a new set and I was politely told no. I really thought they would've given me a small discount, I guess being a long time customer doesn't mean much these days. I'm now in the process of trying to find a place to either purchase the parts to do the repair myself or send them out to be repaired. There are trunnion upgrade kits available, but they're only available for the Ls engine. If anyone still has the ZZP modified rockers installed and have ticking coming from the valve cover it's probably the rockers. I like the design of the new ZZP rockers, but the I got your money and now your on your own approach is what I don't like. A small 10% discount shouldn't have been a problem for them and would've kept a long time customer loyal.This is my summer fun vehicle, so I'll just park it until I decide if I'm going to purchase new rockers from someone else or cam it. Btw, I only have 68,247 miles on the car as it sit.

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.78

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I learned my lesson with ZZP five years ago when I blew one of their stainless brake lines. I thought they would be as good as the Goodridge lines (which have a lifetime warranty) but I was wrong. I think I got them to give me a store credit because they had an issue with the rear lines that made them change suppliers and they knew the old ones had bad crimps or something like that.

After that, I won't buy anything ZZP-branded that I want to last the life of my car if name-brand parts with a lifetime warranty are available elsewhere since the ZZP stuff only has a two year warranty. Then again I'm using it as a daily driver and not a track car so YMMV. It has gotten to the point that I don't truly enjoy wrenching on a car anymore as a hobby.

bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
I learned my lesson with ZZP five years ago when I blew one of their stainless brake lines. I thought they would be as good as the Goodridge lines (which have a lifetime warranty) but I was wrong. I think I got them to give me a store credit because they had an issue with the rear lines that made them change suppliers and they knew the old ones had bad crimps or something like that.

After that, I won't buy anything ZZP-branded that I want to last the life of my car if name-brand parts with a lifetime warranty are available elsewhere since the ZZP stuff only has a two year warranty. Then again I'm using it as a daily driver and not a track car so YMMV. It has gotten to the point that I don't truly enjoy wrenching on a car anymore as a hobby.

Yes I also got something from ZZP a number of years ago. When it failed, I was the only one in the world to have this part fail..lol..They sent me another one, but it didn't last any time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: