NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Service side detection system sensor location
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Service side detection system sensor location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winty03
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.09

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:  Service side detection system sensor location Reply with quote

Good morning everyone,

I am getting a service side detection system notice. I have 42k on my 14 impala and dealership said ......out of warranty. They said/diagnosed it as failed right front sensor and quoted me 490$ for replacement. They gave me part number 23133813....I found the 2 rear sensors, but cannot locate the front 2. Does anyone have acces to a service manual or know where and how to get to them??

Thanks!!
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Can only find the rear one also...Not much help to ya Crying or Very sad

winty03
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.09

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It seems to be the rear ones. I pulled both sides and swapped them and the working "alert in mirror" moved with module. Which I moved back the light again moved. So pretty sure my passenger rear bumper blind spot module is bad. I did notice last couple of weeks it was flicking and staying on after the car was shut off. Ordered a used working one. Someone said the modules are VIN specific....hopefully not because I bought a used module to test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: