NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Defrost Problem
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Defrost Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:  Defrost Problem Reply with quote

So got a weird problem. I have a 2002 impala. The passenger side defrost diffuser near the passenger window as well as the vents have low air flow compared to the driver side. I'm fairly confident that there is nothing in the vents that would restrict air flow. Anyone got any ideas?
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Must say I have hated the heating system in my impala since new. With that said, you do have the duel controls? If so, it probably is the blend door actuator motor.

98ss
Uber
Uber

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Are there 2 blend door actuators? One for each side?
bigdog60
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes

Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:  Re: Defrost Problem Reply with quote

98ss wrote:
So got a weird problem. I have a 2002 impala. The passenger side defrost diffuser near the passenger window as well as the vents have low air flow compared to the driver side. I'm fairly confident that there is nothing in the vents that would restrict air flow. Anyone got any ideas?

just roll the windows down and then up

it's quicker then the defroster anyways
98ss
Uber
Uber

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:  Re: Defrost Problem Reply with quote

Impala_03 wrote:
98ss wrote:

just roll the windows down and then up

it's quicker then the defroster anyways

Yes the 2nd half of that is the windows freeze t the outer molding so much with the weather, they won't break free. The second problem is that not all of the window gets clean only a portion.

Could I pull the blend door actuator out and watch it move to check if its good or bad?
bigdog60
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Its been awhile, but I think if you stick your head under the dash,in a quiet place,with the key turned to on,moving the control up and down,you can hear if its working.. Hows that for a run on sentence?? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: