NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2004 Indy No Start Help!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2004 Indy No Start Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.11

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:  2004 Indy No Start Help! Reply with quote

Hey guys it's been a while. I hope Bbengineer, IffyG, and ZSPOT are still active. I have a no start issue where my car cranks but will not start. All I did was replaced the old wires with Delco PN#9746BB and Delco 41-101 plugs. Now she won't crank. I have replaced the ICM, TPS, MAF, CKP, IAC sensors, and fuel filter. The crankshaft sensor is about 4 years old though, but I am getting a reading on the 3x signal. I have fire at the coil packs but none in the combustion chamber. The plugs are just soaked with gas. Fuel pressure reads 50 psi. My injectors read 11.9 volts. My coils read 5k ohms. And I'm at a lost. How can it go from working with minor misfires to not running at all. I have DashCommand and a wifi scanner the numbers are all where they should be. 111 RPMS on 3k, 12.94 volts on the battery, and -0.4 on TPS. I gave cleaned and checked the ground for the icm and all. I cleaned the PCM connectors and the bracket that the ICM mounts to. Anyone ever run into this problem or have any idea of what to do? Should I replace the camshaft sensor too? I'm really tired of guessing. I need help from someone more experienced.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:  Re: 2004 Indy No Start Help! Reply with quote

Conner wrote:
Hey guys it's been a while. I hope Bbengineer, IffyG, and ZSPOT are still active. I have a no start issue where my car cranks but will not start. All I did was replaced the old wires with Delco PN#9746BB and Delco 41-101 plugs. Now she won't crank. I have replaced the ICM, TPS, MAF, CKP, IAC sensors, and fuel filter. The crankshaft sensor is about 4 years old though, but I am getting a reading on the 3x signal. I have fire at the coil packs but none in the combustion chamber. The plugs are just soaked with gas. Fuel pressure reads 50 psi. My injectors read 11.9 volts. My coils read 5k ohms. And I'm at a lost. How can it go from working with minor misfires to not running at all. I have DashCommand and a wifi scanner the numbers are all where they should be. 111 RPMS on 3k, 12.94 volts on the battery, and -0.4 on TPS. I gave cleaned and checked the ground for the icm and all. I cleaned the PCM connectors and the bracket that the ICM mounts to. Anyone ever run into this problem or have any idea of what to do? Should I replace the camshaft sensor too? I'm really tired of guessing. I need help from someone more experienced.

engine is flooded with fuel

too much fuel = no combustion

if you keep trying you may damage the engine it could seized

and then you are really screwed

9746BB and 41-101 Iridium are the correct ones I used those. when I replaced them

I also checked a few sites and it's Compatibility chart

are you sure you connected the wire(s) correctly ?
you did one at a time right?

you also did try the old plugs? could be bad batch of plugs?
Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.75

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I bet theres a ton of unburnt fuel in there. Did you try the fuel pressure regulator?

Sold 28/10/11
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pull the plugs back out and check the ceramic for cracks.
Jayroca
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.16

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Did you replace the fuel pump? does it prime? don't know but i remember on gpf you had a few questions about installing a new pump might want to check that out to as well... plugs aren't the issue...fuel pressure regulator id check too been there so i would work on the fueling first... if that's ok sounds like the crankshaft sensor should be checked as well along with the camshaft sensor

Conner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for your responses. I checked the wires and I have resistance 3k 0hms. My coils have 5k Ohms. I bought some new Autolite 104s and will give it another try. A friend of mine told me to replace the coolant level sensor too. All other sensors have been changed and still no dice. He said maybe the sensor is bad and telling the car it's really cold and flooding it with gas. FPR is new too. I'm really at a fork in the road. Any other ideas?
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Conner wrote:
Thanks for your responses. I checked the wires and I have resistance 3k 0hms. My coils have 5k Ohms. I bought some new Autolite 104s and will give it another try. A friend of mine told me to replace the coolant level sensor too. All other sensors have been changed and still no dice. He said maybe the sensor is bad and telling the car it's really cold and flooding it with gas. FPR is new too. I'm really at a fork in the road. Any other ideas?

you have checked all the fuses right?
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Conner wrote:

If you're changing a coolant sensor, make sure it's the temperature sensor and not the level sensor. I don't think that would be the issue - you could just unplug the sensor and see how it behaves that way.

Conner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks frank. That's what I'm changing, the sensor on the intake manifold next to the thermostat.
Conner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank4202 wrote:
I bet theres a ton of unburnt fuel in there. Did you try the fuel pressure regulator?

New FPR and still no start. It does crank and start if I spray gas into the intake. I just made a 450 mile trip with no issues. Until I killed the car and had to start it again.
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just for laughs and giggles, try unplugging the Mass Air Flow sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: