NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - dtc P0171
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

dtc P0171

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaseLS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Blazer
2004 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:  dtc P0171 Reply with quote

So I've did some research and the cause for bank one running lean can be a whole list of things. But none mention one (uncommon) factor. I have installed 1.9 ratio rockers, and assuming I have no intake or exhaust leaks before the cat, is there any possibility that the increased amount of air is why my STFT is maxed out at ~20% when idling? Its perfectly fine while driving, bouncing around 0%. If anyone has experienced this situation or has any more info, sharing would help me out a lot. TIA

98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Did the problem occur right after installing the 1.9 ratio rockers?

How many miles on the car?

Since you have the 3.8L there is only 1 oxygen sensor before the cat, so bank 1 refers to the whole motor. I would start by cleaning the MAF especially if you are running an oiled filter, and if the fuel filter has not been replaced in the last couple years, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change it. You can usually rent a fuel pressure tester from an autoparts store to check the fuel pressure at idle and at normal operating range.

Were you able to get freeze frame data from when the car set the code and at what rpm and engine conditions?
BaseLS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Blazer
2004 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Everything was done at once actually. I added the rockers, headers and downpipe, smaller pulley and a pcm, all from zzp. Have 180k miles on the car (I know it's a risk doing this to a high mileage motor but I have another l67 in the family for a back up Laughing ) and I'm unsure if the previous owner changed the fuel filter as part of the "full" tune up he had done. I will go ahead and clean the MAF because I am running an oiled filter. I'll hook up the Tech2 and get a look and the freeze frame data wen the code is set as well as perform a smoke test to eliminate the possibility of a leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: