NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Intermittent A/C problems
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Intermittent A/C problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gutsandgutters
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject:  Intermittent A/C problems Reply with quote

I have a 2005 Impala with thethe 3400 with a ac that works most of the time, but occasionally such as yesterday did not work more than half the day.
Checked the pressures with my manifold gauge seemed to be ok, of course as soon as I did that it was working again. I have also noticed a wine when accelerating from the compressor I'm assuming since you turn the AC off it goes away, any suggestions do I need to replace my compressor / orfice tube?
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.78

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Any check engine lights or temperature gauge fluctuations when the AC isn't working?

Gutsandgutters
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nope stays between 195 and 200 usually. Sometimes at stops when it is working it feels warm, I checked the condenser for debris and not much of anything but sprayed it out anyway. And the fans are working.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:  Re: Intermittent A/C problems Reply with quote

Gutsandgutters wrote:
I have a 2005 Impala with thethe 3400 with a ac that works most of the time, but occasionally such as yesterday did not work more than half the day.
Checked the pressures with my manifold gauge seemed to be ok, of course as soon as I did that it was working again. I have also noticed a wine when accelerating from the compressor I'm assuming since you turn the AC off it goes away, any suggestions do I need to replace my compressor / orfice tube?

bad clutch
Gutsandgutters
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

also checked the pressures yesterday high side was 210 and low was 30 and it was 73 out. would the clutch be whats making the whine noise when taking off from stops? or does it ac being on just bog down the 3400 that much?
can I replace just the clutch?
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Gutsandgutters wrote:
also checked the pressures yesterday high side was 210 and low was 30 and it was 73 out. would the clutch be whats making the whine noise when taking off from stops? or does it ac being on just bog down the 3400 that much?
can I replace just the clutch?
i don't know check the belt since it puts extra stress on it
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

When you checked the pressure was it able to hold a vacuum?

I changed out the compressor on my 05 Impala about a year ago. It would only work if I put refrigerant in it. No noise like you described though. Hopefully it's just a leak somewhere.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Gutsandgutters
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I didn't vacuum down the system, I'll check the belt but I did replace it not to long ago. it doesn't seem low on r134 and has been working well since that day, I still have the whine noise anytime I have the air on and accelerate quickly and I'm pretty sure it didn't make that noise last summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: