NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - engine ticking
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

engine ticking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biglion

Posts per day: 0.02

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:  engine ticking Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/mQo6SA89Yj0

sound like lifter i have motor flushed changed oil already thought it may help but no luck javascript:emoticon('Sad')
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sounds like lifter or multiple lifters collapsed. They start to do that when the coolant starts mixing with the oil. From the video it looks like the valley is wet and there was standing dex cool in it so the lower intake is for sure leaking.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

98ss wrote:
Sounds like lifter or multiple lifters collapsed. They start to do that when the coolant starts mixing with the oil. From the video it looks like the valley is wet and there was standing dex cool in it so the lower intake is for sure leaking.

the one on the right is leaking from the thermostat housing
biglion wrote:
http://youtu.be/mQo6SA89Yj0

sound like lifter i have motor flushed changed oil already thought it may help but no luck javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Are you sure you put the right fuel?

I know when I use cheapo 87 fuel it causes it to run rough even misfire
mess up my fuel line pressure regulator,catalytic converter before as well that cost me 500$ just to fix those
it also caused other issues but they resolved on their own

but it took about 6 months for my fuel canister to work correctly before it would turn off prematurely even if the tank was empty

did you accidentally use 83,85 octane? I know some states sell that stuff

I just been using top tier fuel yeah it maybe 10-20 cents more but is that still cheaper then getting another car or repairing ?>

Even though i don't need to i still run 91 octane..

I noticed acceleration is smooth as silk and makes for a more comfortable ride

I can't compare mileage since I have replaced a failed MAF sensor with a OEM remanufactured

I also guess the computer has to adjust for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: