NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Gauge Cluster
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Gauge Cluster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImpalaMan04

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:  Gauge Cluster Reply with quote

I recently purchased an LS Sport/SS 6 gauge cluster to upgrade from my LS gauge cluster. The only issue is the mileage on the new cluster is over 200,000 miles and my car just rolled over 91,000 miles. I called around to a few of the local Chevy dealerships and one of them said they might be able to transfer the mileage. So I took it in, they were able to test and make sure all the gauges work, but were unable to transfer the mileage from the old cluster to the used one. They said I could either order a brand new cluster and it would come with the mileage I need. Or they can install the used cluster and fill out paperwork confirming that the mileage on the gauge cluster is different than the mileage on the car. I don't want to spend that much on a new cluster or have a gauge cluster with different mileage than the car.

Does anybody know of anyone/anyplace that will transfer the mileage? I know there was someone on here who used to change the mileage over, but I don't think they do that anymore. I did search and found a couple random places that said they might be able to do it, but I wanted to see if any of you guys have any places/options you would recommend.

- Frank

bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hi and welcome..No no dealer will change the mileage for you. It is a legal issue for them. I found a place in Canada that did mine when I googled "speedo repair". There is a member here that said a place in Florida did it , he mite chime in. But try the google route.

9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Here in Florida, Technicar in Oldsmar, is the GM authorized speedo repair center. They told me for $45, they would set the mileage to what I need, but I would have to sign notarized statements stating the true mileage. There are similar places all over the country who service all the dealers. Find out who does this for your local dealer. The back counter parts guy at the dealer can tell you. Of course this means removing the cluster & sending it out paying shipping both ways. However, on the internet I found a local guy who would plug a device into the OBD2 connecter & set the mileage to whatever I wanted for $100. Since my 6 gauge cluster had 60,000 more miles than the car did, I wanted to turn it back to the true mileage. I haven't done either yet. That cluster was a huge improvement for such little effort. GARY

Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:  Re: Gauge Cluster Reply with quote

ImpalaMan04 wrote:

Does anybody know of anyone/anyplace that will transfer the mileage? I know there was someone on here who used to change the mileage over, but I don't think they do that anymore. I did search and found a couple random places that said they might be able to do it, but I wanted to see if any of you guys have any places/options you would recommend.

- Frank
yeah I bought one of those LSS clusters (extra s stand for sport)

but I bought one that one super close to my mileage it was only off by 300 (more) miles so i did not care at all..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: