NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Caster Adjustment
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Caster Adjustment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaseLS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.25

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Blazer
2004 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:  Caster Adjustment Reply with quote

Haven't been on here in a while, but I'm back Smile A question I had was could replacing the lower control arm bring caster back into spec? I noticed that the driver side wheel is shifted back slightly on my newly acquired 04 ss and it rubs the splash guard when I make left turns at low speeds. Never happens when I turn right, and there is a slight pull to the left when I'm driving. Looking forward to any ideas

98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The 1st thing I would check is to make sure that the correct tire size is on the car.

There are no caster adjustments for the impala. If the driver wheel is shifted back that could mean a bent control arm as you have said. Also, there is a slight for/aft adjustment that can be done on the cradle, but that will mess the toe up so you would have to get an alignment afterwards.
BaseLS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.25

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Blazer
2004 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have verified that the car has 235/55/17 all around. I haven't been able to get a look under the car yet, but i was aware that that Impalas don't have a caster adjustment which is what led me to suspect a bent control arm. A friend told me that if the arm is straight then the cradle has shifted slightly and would need adjustment. So i'm hoping its simply the control arm Pray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: