NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Considering finally selling the LS
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Considering finally selling the LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gems
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.22

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:  Considering finally selling the LS Reply with quote

Hello all... I don't post here very often anymore but this forum has been an awesome support group during my last 11 years with my Impala LS... But now I'm considering selling it and moving on to something else... My Impala is a 2001 LS with about 120K on the clock... It has been taken well care of and runs, drives and looks in near like new condition... I've had my share of issues over the years and they are all posted here in this forum!... But each one was addressed and fixed, quite often with the help from the good users in this forum... So my big question is what price should I be asking? I've seen some prices anywhere between $1500 to $5000 for this vintage Impala... And what's the preferred way to advertize a used car for sale these days?

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.56

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'd recommend taking it to CarMax and getting an appraisal there. I was quite surprised with the offer I got from them for my 2002 Monte Carlo with 140k on the clock ($3500) which was only 1000 less than I was asking for on Craiglist with nothing but scammers and deadbeats getting in touch with me.

I'd probably try and list it on CL for 2500 and see what happens.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.54

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No carmax here, wish there was

Uber
Uber

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yup, no CARMAX on Long Island... CT and NJ are the closest... I'm not going to deal with the wackos on Craigs List... So spread the word... My Impala LS is for sale!! Razz

dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hmmm, interesting. I have them here in Rochester, NY. Have to look at that when the time comes.
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Years ago my Dad was trying to sell his 300 ZX Turbo. Put out adds in local Greenwich Ct newspaper, & quality people with money showed up, but even though the car was mint, & had never seen snow, no buyers. He worked in Bronx NY, & drove it to work one day with a for sale sign on it. [He normally drove his business truck to work]. Within 20 minutes after arriving at work, the car was sold to a person who looked like he couldn't rub 2 nickles together. Paid cash too. The for sale sign worked. You never know who has the $. GARY

Grape
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.89

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

9C3 wrote:
You never know who has the $. GARY

So true!
I love walking into a place looking like a white trash thug and get treated as such, to then turn around and spend that person's monthly salary on the crap they sell.

Ghostwolf
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.01

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject:  Re: Considering finally selling the LS Reply with quote

Gems wrote:
Hello all... I don't post here very often anymore but this forum has been an awesome support group during my last 11 years with my Impala LS... But now I'm considering selling it and moving on to something else... My Impala is a 2001 LS with about 120K on the clock... It has been taken well care of and runs, drives and looks in near like new condition... I've had my share of issues over the years and they are all posted here in this forum!... But each one was addressed and fixed, quite often with the help from the good users in this forum... So my big question is what price should I be asking? I've seen some prices anywhere between $1500 to $5000 for this vintage Impala... And what's the preferred way to advertize a used car for sale these days?

I'd love to know how things turned out.

I have a 2001 Impala that has 330,000 miles on it. I've had it from the very start and spent so much money customizing it. To me I know how reliable it still is, how I've babied it and how 90% of those miles were 70mph cruise control miles.

Every now and then a major repair comes up (2nd CAT Converter happened a few months ago).. and I question if I'm crazy to keep a 15 year old car with 330k. But everything works on it. The body looks great. I just can't seem to get rid of it. It's worth more to me than it would be to anyone else. If I get another car I don't see the point in trading it, but then again I only have so much room in the driveway. I guess its going to take a total disaster for me to ever get rid of it. I'll probably be the only owner.. the next owner will probably be a car crusher. Unless I found someone to just give it to.

Anyway.. lately I've been thinking of trying to keep it until 500,000 miles. But my wife says that once the repair bills to keep it running 12 months meet or exceed 12 months of car payments I gotta get rid of her.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject:  Re: Considering finally selling the LS Reply with quote

Gems wrote:
about to dump mine for 1250 these cars are not worth s**t

worth more for the parts then the whole car

it will cost 2,000 to get it in good shape I have the money but I'm not willing to spend it on a car that has no value I rather put the money on a 08 Nissan Altima hybrid that has 95k miles at lest has some warranty left I,e emssions ( to 2018 or 150k miles) and the CVT to 120k

I has a lot of power 198hp (40Hp electric and 158hp motor 4 banger)

kind of tired of only getting 12 to 16mpg in the city

any one want some body colored tail lights?
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

These cars are cheap and easy to fix. the weak link is the transmission if you hammer on it. I will probably keep mine till the 3800 blows up.
Gems
Uber
Uber

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:  Re: Considering finally selling the LS Reply with quote

Impala_03 wrote:
Gems wrote:
about to dump mine for 1250 these cars are not worth s**t

worth more for the parts then the whole car

it will cost 2,000 to get it in good shape I have the money but I'm not willing to spend it on a car that has no value I rather put the money on a 08 Nissan Altima hybrid that has 95k miles at lest has some warranty left I,e emssions ( to 2018 or 150k miles) and the CVT to 120k

I has a lot of power 198hp (40Hp electric and 158hp motor 4 banger)

kind of tired of only getting 12 to 16mpg in the city

any one want some body colored tail lights?

Wow that was like a 1 year old posting that you quoted from me... Since dumping the LS I'm very happy with my Sonata 2.0T turbo... I have a left-over multi-function switch from the Impala... Anyone need it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: