NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - losing coolant and starting to over heat.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

losing coolant and starting to over heat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSSTRBD
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.01

1995 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:  losing coolant and starting to over heat. Reply with quote

hello everyone.. its been a long while since I posted here.. but you all have always been able to help.... so this time

2004 SS

coolant is leaking.. not totally sure where yet. I seen some on the passenger side on the back of the intake manifold. from what I read, its those damn coolant elbows. I will be renting a pressure tester from a store to check. I have never used one before. what will I be looking or hearing for??????

any other tips you guys know of to make this easier?

I will be getting the Metal coolant elbows and a new pulley tensioner.

thanks

1995 Impala SS DCM, Heavily modded street/strip car. Forged 383 stroker with 200 shot of NX. Custom tranny/rearend, Z-28 cluster mod and 96 floor shift conversion. Notched frame to fit 18x12 Bonspeed Malibus with Nitto drag radials.
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

mine just let go it was slow at first but today it just let go like your stomach would an hour after taco tuesday. mine seams to be between the supercharger and intake

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: