NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - P0300 Code
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

P0300 Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElDudeGuy

Posts per day: 0

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject:  P0300 Code Reply with quote

Hey guys (and gals), I've been trying to diagnose a P0300 code on my 2005 3.4L Impala without much luck, so I could use some assistance.

A little over three weeks ago, before my 11AM shift, I tried to start my car (which was starting just fine before). It started, but was sounding "sputtery" and was running as if a cylinder was not firing. I shut it off, and tried again. However, this time, I tried pumping the gas when it wouldn't turn over. That caused it to flood, and the gasoline to start leaking from the drivers side of the engine (I later found out it was from where the throttle body and the duct coming from the air intake meet). Finally, it stopped turning over at all.

Before that morning, I had been driving it almost daily, and the only thing I did differently was I took a longer than normal trip(about twice the mileage compared to what I normally drive). Other information about my car: it's got over 190,000 miles on it, and the head had been rebuilt before I bought it back in July.

Now, in the weeks since then, it has been parked, only starting it maybe once or twice a week. When I do start it, it will run rough, and will smooth up if I pull the Fuel Pump Relay, otherwise it'll stall out on me. I have checked the spark plugs (replaced them, and made sure the new ones were properly gapped), checked the plug wires, and I checked the coil packs (by replacing one, testing, and moving to the next, etc.). So, I feel that the "spark" element is fine.

I got an ODBII adapter, and, using the Torque app, checked for fault codes and dumped the freeze frame data. It came up with a "P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire". Here's the freeze frame data:

=========================================================

Vehicle VIN: 2G1WF52E559346694
Vehicle Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Vehicle Calibration ID: 12594521
Freeze frame information:
------------------
Fuel Status = 0 byte
Engine Load = 97.647 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 28 C
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Long Term = -0.781 %
Intake Manifold Pressure = 8.412 psi
Engine RPM = 1,940.75 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 0 km/h
Mass Air Flow Rate = 40.42 g/s
Throttle Position(Manifold) = 20.392 %

=========================================================

Now, I don't know what the values SHOULD be, so these numbers are meaningless to me, but I hope someone can help make sense of them.

What appears to be gasoline (and maybe oil? definitely reeked of gas, though) on the air filter:

Side view:

The throttle body (correct me if that's not the right name for it), a small amount of gas pooled there:

The duct between my air intake and my throttle body, again, a little bit of gas is pooled there:
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.1

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I may be way off, but look into your Fuel pressure regulator.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.81

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
I may be way off, but look into your Fuel pressure regulator.

My thoughts exactly. I would also change the air and fuel filters while you are at it. If it was throwing a specific P0301-P0306 code as well, I would say to check the ignition coils, wires, and plug for that cylinder but you may be okay there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: