NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - oil pan replacement
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

oil pan replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject:  oil pan replacement Reply with quote

Can I just replace the gasket or I have to replace both the pan and gasket?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ge.....mp;vxp=mtr

I also all ready ordered a new level sensor since it stopped working as well it's not leaking really bad but needs replacement or fixed

also how do I clean the wires since they are covered in oil (I know oil is non conductive but it can make things not work correctly as it works as a insulator this could prevent it from working correctly )

I want to get this done before I change the oil Since it would be pointless to change the oil and have it all leak out

so I will have a oil change done at the same time

It's been about 10,000 miles since I changed the oil but I used oil that was rated for 15,000 miles it's not very dirty but getting there..
Chamber

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Unless the pan is damaged, you should only need to replace the gasket. The real problem is getting the pan out - you have to either drop the engine cradle or lift the engine.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Chamber wrote:
Unless the pan is damaged, you should only need to replace the gasket. The real problem is getting the pan out - you have to either drop the engine cradle or lift the engine.
So I'll have to take it to a repair shop?
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Unless you have a way to support the engine from above., you will robably need to visit the shop. It's not a cheap job... I ended up spending 200 to have mine done, but the trans was already out. Was going to be between 500 and 700 depending on the shop I called otherwise.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
Unless you have a way to support the engine from above., you will robably need to visit the shop. It's not a cheap job... I ended up spending 200 to have mine done, but the trans was already out. Was going to be between 500 and 700 depending on the shop I called otherwise.

I'll call my Mechanic the prices are reasonable from him.

the oil pan does have a dent on it
possibly from trying to lift the car from the oil pan. I'd assume this is the only way it can get damaged like that.. looks like a pressure dent rather then moving debris from the road.

Was quoted
$390 +$115 or so for the OEM GM parts

is that fair?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: