NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Hissing in dash
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Hissing in dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuickNick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.14

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:  Hissing in dash Reply with quote

2004 Impy. Last week a hissing started in/under the dash, right about the center of it from underneath. Lucky me, at the same time the A/C went from "not so good" to "not at all." Crying or Very sad Its not there when the blower motor is off. It sounds like a good ole' vacuum leak.

I havent snooped around yet, but arent the A/C/heat controlled electronically & not by vacuum? I may be wrong so thats why I'm asking. Dont say its snakes Laughing I need to take a look at it this weekend, just like to know what I'm looking for.
Thanks!
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

could be leafs in the air intake and they are rubbing against the fan blades

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
QuickNick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.14

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:  D'oh! Reply with quote

Thanks Irish!
Well, I pretty much took the whole dash apart & fired it up to look around. Hissing was still there with the blower motor unplugged & the fan on Question After a little head scratching I wound up in the center of the dash. Its the A/C evaporator core. ouch! Thats not going to get changed until the day it needs a heater core & hopefully not by me Laughing Feel pretty stupid now for taking so long to figure it out, live & learn.

Sooo, anybody know of a good A/C sealer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: