NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Alignment
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Alignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber
Elite Contributor (Amount: 1) Elite Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:  Alignment Reply with quote

Installed new tires and got the wheel aligned. Here are the spec sheets;

Does this look good, any recommendations?

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.64

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looks like they corrected some issues, however they like to live in the "acceptable" range vs the "perfect" range on some of the values.

Also, dont know if there is a difference, but they are using the 05 Impala EXCEPT SS / Police on your SS

Uber
Uber

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
Don't know if there is a difference, but they are using the 05 Impala EXCEPT SS / Police on your SS

I noticed that after I left, will be taking it back this weekend to get an explanation and to have some more adjustment made .

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
ScottMPala
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.51

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No way! Wtf happened to your camber on the left front?!? It was fine before and now it's way to high. Also I would ask them why they didn't swing caster and don't include that info on the printout because that can be extremely important to know. Also your rear tires are going to get ruined because they need more toe for that 1 degree of camber on each side. Your rear total toe should be close to positive .20 to match that camber. There should never be negative toe on the rear. Lastly, since there are toe adjusters on the rear, there is no reason not to make toe match and get rid of your thrust angle on the rear. Only reason would be if your adjuster was seized and it obviously was not since they made a anal against on the rear. This is a lazy alignment and it's not done very well.

As a side note, you obviously do not check your alignment very often because it is terrible!

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.06

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ScottMPala wrote:

As a side note, you obviously do not check your alignment very often because it is terrible!

I don't thing anybody does. The last time I had it checked was when I got new tires 2 years ago. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
ScottMPala wrote:

I don't thing anybody does. The last time I had it checked was when I got new tires 2 years ago. Laughing

I agree, too costly to get it checked often. I keep an eye on tire wear and driving characteristics.

Uber
Uber

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ScottMPala wrote:

For the last two month I've been doing front suspension work, lower control arms, outer tie rods, endlinks. etc. I created a few posts on the subject, that's why I knew I needed a wheel alignment. I get an alignment every year with Firestone's free lifetime alignment service. Free alignment every 6 months or 6 thousand miles. I got it for the truck 9 years ago for about $100 and have had 15 alignments done since then. I'll be getting another soon, I have to change the gearbox. So the alignment service has paid for itself many times over. I wish i knew what spec are the best, then I world tell them to set the alignment to those specs.

ScottMPala
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:
ScottMPala wrote:

I agree, too costly to get it checked often. I keep an eye on tire wear and driving characteristics.

Big o tires does free alignment checks!

NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ScottMPala wrote:

Nothing around here like that. I cant remember ever seeing a free alignment check anywhere local to me

Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
ScottMPala wrote:

Nothing around here like that. I cant remember ever seeing a free alignment check anywhere local to me

Nope. No big o tires in ny

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.75

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
ScottMPala wrote:

I can get a 'free' check of my alignment at the dealer with an oil change if I ask... usually don't bother unless I have a reason to suspect the alignment might be out.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
ScottMPala
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
Pitch Black SS wrote:
ScottMPala wrote:

I can get a 'free' check of my alignment at the dealer with an oil change if I ask... usually don't bother unless I have a reason to suspect the alignment might be out.

Working for a tire dealer had shown me the value of frequent checks for your tire life. Lots of tire warranties are voided for the want of an alignment. People with poorly worn tires often tell me they didn't Bother to check the alignment because they did not feel it pulling. I tell them you can't feel your tires wearing improperly, but the tires are worn out just the same. Obviously it would be too expensive to do several assignments a year but having it checked for free is like getting your prostate checked; painful but it just may save your ass. Also most shops (around here anyway) offer discounted packages for multiple alignments. We offer 3 years of alignments for 150, up to 5 a year and we always do our best to ensure that the vehicle will wear tires as well as can be as well as handle safely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: