NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - simple output?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

simple output?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spankthaspeedbump
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject:  simple output? Reply with quote

04 Impala SS. I wanna put subs in my trunk, and was wondering the easiest way to get audio output with my stock HU. My LS already had the audio cables installed when I bought it, ran all the way up to the radio with some type of converter box. But that ended up some how killing my radio signal

Now I'm not a complete stereo novice, I know how to run positive ground remote and caps.

Just curious the easiest way to get audio output while keeping my stock HU, I refuse to have useless buttons on my steering wheel.
Thanks for any help guys..

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

what about the amp in the truck can you tap off that?

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
rc10mike
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.12

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You can get a nice aftermarket head unit and keep the steering wheel buttons with an optional adapter. You can even re-program the buttons to do what you want rather than what they say as I did with mine.

If you want to skip that route, you can get a line output convertor that connects to your rear 6x9s and converts the signal to RCA for your amp. It wouldnt be the "best" solution, but it would allow you to add an amp for the subs.

ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.33

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

X2 on the line output converter. It's not the best sounding, but to simply add some subs, this is the easiest. I've had one in mine for a few years now and never had any problems.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ok, so I put a converter off the rear speakers. While doing soI turned on the radio with the rear speakers unplugged which apparently Pissed off the radio... It comes on, no error message, but no sound. Front or rear speakers. I remember having this problem on my ls, and I think it worked itself out. But I thought I read at some point that there is a key cycle reset? Anyone have any ideas?

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.38

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

spankthaspeedbump wrote:
Ok, so I put a converter off the rear speakers. While doing soI turned on the radio with the rear speakers unplugged which apparently Pissed off the radio... It comes on, no error message, but no sound. Front or rear speakers. I remember having this problem on my ls, and I think it worked itself out. But I thought I read at some point that there is a key cycle reset? Anyone have any ideas?

I have connected directly to the speaker to get the audio signal before with out issue then connected a sub

but it was a 5.1 system amp and required 120 VAC so could not use it in the car
the amp has alot of power to drive a 10" woofer but was a cheapo wal-mart amp

are you sure you did not get a short somewhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: