NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - DRL/ALC bypass harness for 00-05 gen
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

DRL/ALC bypass harness for 00-05 gen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majikchicken

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:  DRL/ALC bypass harness for 00-05 gen Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to get my hands on one of those DRL/ALC bypass harnesses for the 2000-2005 Impala/Monte Carlo that BBEngineer had on sale when he was still operating the shop. I'm a new member and it's a shame that I find out about the existence of this mod now, after months of trying to thwart the day time running lights and automatic light control.
I did finally build a module that can be quickly removed that disables the ALC, and allows me to switch between day/night lighting with the press of a button, but I have not been able to thwart the DRLs.

I have a theory on how to trick the BCM into receiving the correct voltage, but I do not have the time to hack together something that would need testing. Plus, the kit that is pictured in the install manual for BBE's DRL/ALC bypass harness looks much better than I could do with my schedule and budget.

Anyone know where I can get a hold of one?

- Majik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: