NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - I'm back in an Impala (sort of...)
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

I'm back in an Impala (sort of...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:  I'm back in an Impala (sort of...) Reply with quote

I'm not actually back in an Impala, rather my wife is. We just picked this up yesterday evening:

2014 Impala 2LT w/ 3.6L V6. (Just crappy cell-phone pictures I took before we drove it off the lot.)

My wife has been dissatisfied with the Malibu since shortly after we got it (almost two years ago) because of how much smaller it was. It wasn't a bad car, it was just a lot smaller than what she was used to and she just couldn't get over that.

We weren't in a hurry to get a different car, but we do browse car lots from time to time and saw this car on one of those lots. I'm not really into black cars, because they are so hard to keep clean, but the deal they were offering on this car was just too good to pass up.

I'll post more pictures and more impressions later.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looks real nice to me. Cool Too bad it doesn't have adaptive cruise control. That would be neat.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
Looks real nice to me. Cool Too bad it doesn't have adaptive cruise control. That would be neat.

As I understand it, that's only available on the LTZ. That would have been SIGNIFICANTLY more money. We saw an LTZ sitting on the showroom floor that was almost $43k! The new Impala has quite the range of options and prices.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
impy2lt2014

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

overlordspock wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:

As I understand it, that's only available on the LTZ. That would have been SIGNIFICANTLY more money. We saw an LTZ sitting on the showroom floor that was almost $43k! The new Impala has quite the range of options and prices.

If it was an 2ltz with ACC then sticker would be almost 43k... maybe it had the white diamond paint job too...
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A few more pictures:

I personally really like the front clip of the new Impala.

One drawback of the LT trim: There IS a dual exhaust, but it's hidden behind the bumper. The mufflers are exactly where you would think they are, but the tips have a just-less-than-90 bend in them and point straight down. I think the rear-clip of the LTZ trim looks better. Otherwise though, the rear 3/4 view of this car is quite attractive.

Same engine as in the 2012+ W-Body Impala, just tuned slightly differently for a total of 305 HP.

My two cars posing together.

The car has plenty of get-up-and-go. It's not a hugely torque-y car (which is probably a gearing thing), so you aren't going to be spinning the tires easily, but it delivers power in a very smooth fashion. The car is deceptively fast. If you aren't paying attention, you'll end up going much faster than you think you are. It's very planted and stable. Much more calm and collected in the corners than you would think for a car of this size and weight.

The interior is gorgeous. The car we purchased has a black/gray two-tone interior, which I think is better looking then the all-black interior or the beige interior. Both the latter interiors come with the ugly faux-woodgrain on some of the trim (especially the center-console). Our car's interior has a dark-gray, "cloudy"-looking trim that is much more subtle and much better looking.

As you can see, the dash lights-up like crazy. The MyLink system is pretty handy and easy to use (our car does NOT have navigation). The interior lights are LEDs from the factory.

The steering wheel looks a little awkward, but it's actually perfect for the way I drive the car (yes, it IS my wife's car, but I can only talk about my impressions). I usually either drive with my hands at the 10-2 position or the 7-5 position. This steering wheel works perfectly for that. The steering is very smooth and adjusts with the speed of the car.

Our car came with "cloth" seats, but in reality only the inserts you see in the picture above are cloth. The rest of the seats are still leather. No heated seats on our car though. The front seats are very supporting and very comfortable.

The back-seat is huge. Not quite as much room as in the back seat of my G8, but it's still pretty freaking big. No worries about comfort there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: