NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - AF on AF off displayed on the radio
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

AF on AF off displayed on the radio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spankthaspeedbump
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject:  AF on AF off displayed on the radio Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm pulling my baby out of storage finally now thatI've gotten life straightened out.

Anyways, I got it in the garage, all electrical appears to work, no signs of critters. I've used the stereo a few times because I miss it horribly, but it was struggling to read the CD, and kept kicking it out. So I got a CD lens cleaner that all went fine. Suddenly I get a ding and AF on flashed on the radio, about 30 seconds later it dings again and says AF off.

Now every button I push on the radio acts like I'm pushing the AM FM button. It won't tune, seek, switch to CD. Nothin.

Any ideas? I searched the forums, and didn't come up with anything.
Any help would be great guys.

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject:  Re: AF on AF off displayed on the radio Reply with quote

spankthaspeedbump wrote:
Ok, so I'm pulling my baby out of storage finally now thatI've gotten life straightened out.

Anyways, I got it in the garage, all electrical appears to work, no signs of critters. I've used the stereo a few times because I miss it horribly, but it was struggling to read the CD, and kept kicking it out. So I got a CD lens cleaner that all went fine. Suddenly I get a ding and AF on flashed on the radio, about 30 seconds later it dings again and says AF off.

Now every button I push on the radio acts like I'm pushing the AM FM button. It won't tune, seek, switch to CD. Nothin.

Any ideas? I searched the forums, and didn't come up with anything.
Any help would be great guys.

BAND (AF Alternate Frequency): Alternate frequency allows the radio to switch to a stronger station in the same category. To turn alternate frequency on, press and hold BAND for four seconds. AF ON appears on the display. The radio may could to stations with a stronger frequency.

To turn alternate frequency off, press and hold BAND again for four seconds. AF OFF appears on the display. The radio will not switch to other stations.

This function does not apply for XM Satellite Radio Service.
spankthaspeedbump
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

So from the sound of it my band button Is stuck? Either on the steering wheel or radio. I'll check it out and post what I find. Thanks.

Update...
Well, idk if it's stuck or what. But every button I push scrolls through the bands. Even the eject buttons. It's really weird. Any suggestions on what to do with my possessed radio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: