NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure serving with you.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure serving with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:  Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure serving with you. Reply with quote

On 4/23 the '03 Impala was traded in. I have had it since it was new, it took me through crazy girlfriends, wild parties, blind dates, long road trips across almost the entire eastern seaboard of the United States, a wife, and eventually a new born child in a carseat.

The final picture ever to be taken, it makes me a little emotional reading this post and looking at that picture.

The Impala served me well, never did I think that when I bought it new with those 8 miles on it it would carry me for over a decade and hundreds of thousands of miles. It was still in good visual shape but inside and under she was rotting away.

Through snow storms, a couple of accidents, repairs, oil changes, fuel filters, condensers, compressors, shocks, tires, a transmission, spark plugs, the Imapla was a great companion.

Sadly, I had to finally give up, the rear brake line blew on the way to work this week and I no longer felt safe driving it. I could have replaced them all but my mechanic said the fuel line was about to rust through and the other lines were on the verge of doing the same. They repaired it enough to get me to the dealer to turn her in. The radiator has been eating coolant, the car had a nasty vibration every time I started her up and got to speed, the inside lights were going, the Impala served long enough and it was time to finally let it rest. I finally pulled the life support plug and let her die.

It's been fun, I have been with you all since 2006 and I am finally singing off. We have been through a lot and I have learned so much from you all, even bought some pretty slick custom Impala floor mats.

I hope the rest of you get as much out of your cars as I did mine.

Goodnight, space cowboy.
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Your headlights look brand new. Are they original? While my Impala has no rust, [here in Florida] the headlamps are very opaque, like a shower door. While I've buffed them, it does nothing, as the crap is on the inside of the lens. All Florida Impalas have the same opaque headlamp lenses. I'm in the local U-Pick twice a month, & they're all like mine. We're yours replaced? GARY

LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yup, replaced them two years ago, $45 a piece on ebay. My old ones got to to the point where they were like pin lights shining on the road in front of me. I had forgotten what proper clean headlights could do until I switched them. Much safer and brighter.
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

So...don't keep us in the dark, what did you trade for?

I know what it's like to trade your "baby" in. Little bit of sadness. Little bit of guilt. But, from your description, it was the right thing to do.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
QuickNick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.12

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

8 miles to 293K is a long way, you got everything out of it you felt you could (memories & $$'s worth) so your right in moving on Cool You didnt mention what the new beast is?

I know your feeling. I have a big ugly 96 Ram with over 300k. She is HIDEOUS but still fully functional & I know it inside out & backwards. When it hit 300K I bought a little sticker that said "300" & stuck it on the back window. Its sitting in the garage right now waiting on me to throw a new ball joint on it (for the 3rd time). Its been there for a week now as I'm in the same situation as you! After a while you question yourself (sanity?) about fixing it vs replacing it. Its really like losing a family member if you replace it, but we all move on. Find out all you can on the new ride, make some new memories!
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

QuickNick wrote:
8 miles to 293K is a long way, you got everything out of it you felt you could (memories & $$'s worth) so your right in moving on Cool You didnt mention what the new beast is?

I know your feeling. I have a big ugly 96 Ram with over 300k. She is HIDEOUS but still fully functional & I know it inside out & backwards. When it hit 300K I bought a little sticker that said "300" & stuck it on the back window. Its sitting in the garage right now waiting on me to throw a new ball joint on it (for the 3rd time). Its been there for a week now as I'm in the same situation as you! After a while you question yourself (sanity?) about fixing it vs replacing it. Its really like losing a family member if you replace it, but we all move on. Find out all you can on the new ride, make some new memories!

My dad has a 2001 Ram with 198,000 miles on it. So far the trans, engine, rearend, front brake calipers have been replaced. Also the brake interlock doesn't work.

Anyway if I can get 298,000 out of my Impala, I'd be happy. Although in the 7 years I've had it I've only put 50,000 miles on it. Doubt I'll still have it a 300,000.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
gwjturner

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

After that moving eulogy, I think we should all observe a moment of silence..........................rest in peace faithful Impala..............amen.
LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

overlordspock wrote:
So...don't keep us in the dark, what did you trade for?

A 2011 Lexus CT 200h

Man, it feels good, especially after being in the old Impala for so long. I forgot what things like working inside lights and smooth rolling tires were like.

The Impala got me $501 on a trade in, with blown brake lines rigged up just to get the car moving again, that's fine. I wasn't going to sell it after that on the private market because that is a liability lawsuit just waiting to happen.

$23,999. Basically the same price as the Impala cost me 11 years ago.

Going to be fun for a while..
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.57

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just a bit of an upgrade. Laughing

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: