NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 3800 EGR valve compatibility
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

3800 EGR valve compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.36

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:  3800 EGR valve compatibility Reply with quote

I searched around but couldn't quite find what I'm looking for -

'01 Impala 3800 EGR valve .. What years 3800 would this exact same EGR span across? It looks like I need one and right now I'm hoping to score a good used one vs having to buy a new AC Delco. Last time I was at the yard there were 2 Impalas but both were 3.4s. There was a 3800 Bonneville or two though..

As far as a new one goes.. RockAuto lists 2 different AC Delcos for the 3800.. how would I know which one I need if I do have to go new?

Thanks!

Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject:  Re: 3800 EGR valve compatibility Reply with quote

REDLINE wrote:
I searched around but couldn't quite find what I'm looking for -

'01 Impala 3800 EGR valve .. What years 3800 would this exact same EGR span across? It looks like I need one and right now I'm hoping to score a good used one vs having to buy a new AC Delco. Last time I was at the yard there were 2 Impalas but both were 3.4s. There was a 3800 Bonneville or two though..

As far as a new one goes.. RockAuto lists 2 different AC Delcos for the 3800.. how would I know which one I need if I do have to go new?

Thanks!
you can always check the reviews to make sure
difference is one is the OE and the other the PROFESSIONAL series

the PROFESSIONAL series might have a slight change to the way it's made

ACDELCO PROFESSIONAL 214-2274
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-.....0031I4WRU/

ACDELCO OE SERVICE 214-5067
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-.....000C9ELTA/
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Okay..... Well only the more expensive one ('Professional' apparently) has reviews, which all 10 mention nothing in the difference between the two.. but now after reading them it gets me thinking about the warranty on it and who will replace the part under warranty if need be. It seems that a couple people had issues inside of 12 months and were not able to get it replaced under warranty thru Amazon.

How is it you were able to tell that one was a 'Professional'? Price I'm guessing?

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.32

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

REDLINE wrote:
Okay..... Well only the more expensive one ('Professional' apparently) has reviews, which all 10 mention nothing in the difference between the two.. but now after reading them it gets me thinking about the warranty on it and who will replace the part under warranty if need be. It seems that a couple people had issues inside of 12 months and were not able to get it replaced under warranty thru Amazon.

How is it you were able to tell that one was a 'Professional'? Price I'm guessing?
Only GM dealers will warranty GM parts. You would bring your car to the dealer. They would write up a repair order, & they would check the EGR valve. If it is indeed bad, they would give you another one for free. But if it was OK, you would have to pay them the "check out fee". Really, how can Amazon verify an EGR valve is bad? In my 30 years experience, I would pay the extra $ to get the OEM part. GARY

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

9C3 wrote:
REDLINE wrote:

Only GM dealers will warranty GM parts. You would bring your car to the dealer. They would write up a repair order, & they would check the EGR valve. If it is indeed bad, they would give you another one for free. But if it was OK, you would have to pay them the "check out fee". Really, how can Amazon verify an EGR valve is bad? In my 30 years experience, I would pay the extra $ to get the OEM part. GARY

How much is the check out fee usually cost?

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
9C3
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Check out fee is usually a half hour of labor. They usually waive this fee if you have the work done. Of course, should the part in question actually be defective, there is no fee. GARY

REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

9C3 wrote:
True about Amazon not being able to tell I guess. Okay well, no warranty it is then I guess Confused
I can then see why other manufacturers are explored for the do-it-yourselfer.

I also had gotten some feedback from a GM tech, who said the 12578034 is the OE part for my car, and that the "Delco Professional" is an aftermarket supplier. Good or bad he had no input either way.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A tip for looking up compatibility from year to year and car to car.

The Autozone and O'Rielly Web sites are a helpful for looking for parts fitment.
Go to the web site ( autozone is easier) pick a store close to your location.
Add your car .
Then look up the part.
Click on the part details and at the bottom of the discription is a Fitment chart
It will list all the cars the part will fit..

EGR for 2001 Impala fits 2000 and 2001 Impala and Monte with 3800
Also 1995 thru 1999 Monte carlo and 1998 and 1999 Lumina
It also fits Several Buick models, Oldsmobiles and other cars.

So next time you need to know if a part will swap to a different year of engine .. It is a snap to look up.
It has a pretty good accuracy rate.
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip VictoryRed!

Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.22

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm curious... I have a 2001LS (3.8L motor) with 120,000 miles and still have the original EGR valve... What are the symptoms of a bad, or going bad, EGR valve?

Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.79

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Heck, look up the part in the parts catalog on the AC Delco website, then look up cross references. Way easier and better to go to the source than to rely on info from websites like Autozone or O'Reilly's that may not have the trim levels listed properly.

9C3
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Give the GM dealer the vin #, & get the real GM part number. Then cross reference that # in the AC Delco catalog. For best results, get the OE part. It's tailor made for your application. The other line is cheaper, & made to fit a wider variety of 3800 cars, but not exactly your car. GARY

Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

even with a trip package screwed up there is still a engine vin code that the computer uses to find the right motor for that car

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: