NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - What's in your glovebox?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

What's in your glovebox?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:  What's in your glovebox? Reply with quote

So, I picked up my 2014 Impala LTZ this past friday. The salesman and the finance person had me signing all these different papers and statements. Then they handed me the 2014 Owners Manual that was bounded with a rubber band to keep it from opening. No tire guide, no warranty guide, no infotainment manual and no black binder to put it all in! When I asked where all the rest of the stuff was, I was told that's all there is as GM is trying to cut $$. So, what's in the glove box of your 2014 LTX Impala? Did I get shorted on what was supposed to be included?
SFCR
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.21

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:  Re: What's in your glovebox? Reply with quote

Frank3 wrote:
So, I picked up my 2014 Impala LTZ this past friday. The salesman and the finance person had me signing all these different papers and statements. Then they handed me the 2014 Owners Manual that was bounded with a rubber band to keep it from opening. No tire guide, no warranty guide, no infotainment manual and no black binder to put it all in! When I asked where all the rest of the stuff was, I was told that's all there is as GM is trying to cut $$. So, what's in the glove box of your 2014 LTX Impala? Did I get shorted on what was supposed to be included?

I got all of those items with my 2010. I did hear a salesman say they would continue to put the OM in a plastic zip lock bag. I found a black binder, new, on eBay.

Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

SFCR, did you only get the OM in your 2010 as well, because as long back as I can remember, they included the warranty booklet as well.
SFCR
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.21

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank3 wrote:
SFCR, did you only get the OM in your 2010 as well, because as long back as I can remember, they included the warranty booklet as well.

Hi Frank,
Sorry for the delay! I did get all the usual documents. I have the car warranty, tire warranty, and the OM! Of course, no case. I went to eBay and found two new OM cases that were made of nylon. It's a perfect fit. You might have to get one including another manual for your car or another Chevrolet, but what the heck. I went to eBay and found the following:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.....amp;_rdc=2
I hope this helps out!
Rick

TSS
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.55

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I can tell you that new Buick, and presumably Cadillacs come with the black binder folder. So General Motors has not entirely stopped doing it.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

In my glove box is a Glock 30. LOL.

gfgalla

Posts per day: 0

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I may be a little late in responding but when I bought my 2014 Impala I got the Owner's manual, Infotainment manual, and Warranty manual all in plastic folder, but I bought my car in Canada. However, the glove box and all other storage places up front are too small to store. Had to keep it in storage compartment in trunk in front of spare tire. Those manuals are also available on internet in pdf format.
impy2lt2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

gfgalla wrote:
I may be a little late in responding but when I bought my 2014 Impala I got the Owner's manual, Infotainment manual, and Warranty manual all in plastic folder, but I bought my car in Canada. However, the glove box and all other storage places up front are too small to store. Had to keep it in storage compartment in trunk in front of spare tire. Those manuals are also available on internet in pdf format.

All those items do fit in the glove box, but it takes Tetris like mad skillz though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: