NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Wiring harnesses on a base model.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Wiring harnesses on a base model.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjminino
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:  Wiring harnesses on a base model. Reply with quote

All right, as y'all have seen i did the leather interior swap in my base model and after reading here, found the harnesses for the power seats. I just put in my cluster that i had sent out for mileage change and I found my traction control wiring taped and shoved way into the dash.

My questions are:

1. Will the traction control actually work and if not what would it take to get them to work?

2. Will there be one for the fog lights and will there be fog light sockets taped somewhere in the engine compartment?

All I was doing was filling in empty holes to make the interior look better. If they can actually function, I might as well.
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.51

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

For the fog light im pretty sure you need the ls wiring for engine compartment MISHNAH i think his name was put ls bumper on his car and swapped the harness. Pretty easy to wire up yourself. Not sure about traction control never seen that question before....

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.54

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

More than likely you will need some programming to get either of those to work

Traction control would be through the PCM and fog lights would be through the BCM

BCM cant be reprogrammed, its a 1 shot deal and would need replacement

Cadet
Cadet

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Okay great tha ks for the info. Like i said originally all i wanted them for was to fill in the holes. All im going to do is do an led swap on both and hook them up to the light switch. Will have to looknat everything. Id like to somehow hook the fog button up to soke 3k fogs im the ls bumper i got. Any suggestions?
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PBSS is on the right track; IIRC the fog lights need to be enabled in the BCM if you want to use the factory wiring. The problem is that you can only program options into the BCM once, which means you would have to replace the BCM and have it programmed at the dealer - costing well over $200. Using aftermarket wiring would be cheaper unless you need to replace the BCM for some other reason.

I have never heard of anyone swapping traction control into a car. I am fairly certain that traction control is handled completely by the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module). In short, you would have to get the proper EBCM and BPV or BPMV (Brake Proportioning Modulation Valve or something like that) for traction control. It would involve swapping out or adding and bending lots of brake lines as well.

I don't need a computer preventing me from doing burnouts that I don't do, or to tell me when I am slipping on ice or standing water so I don't grenade my transmission. That's what my buttcelerometer and right foot are for. Wink

mjminino
Cadet
Cadet

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up! I'll just hook the trac button up to an led that switches on when lights come on and figure out a way to use the fog light button for the hid fogs. I cut the fog wiring for the button about 5" back in the donor car so at least i have some play room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: