NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - My 2001 Impala is going down the road (without me)
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My 2001 Impala is going down the road (without me)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:  My 2001 Impala is going down the road (without me) Reply with quote

Well/ it's finally happened. The Impala will be headed down the road without me. Crying or Very sad The repairs have been increasing and I've finally had enough. Over the last 3-4 years, it's gotten a new cat back exhaust system, rear struts, new plastic intake plenum, radiator, transmission lines, ignition control module, battery, tires, front brake,...... well that's it. I went to several local dealers, finally winding up at my favorite Chevy Dealer. We struck a deal on a new 2014 LTZ Impala in Champagne Silver and ebony leather seats. As a matter of fact is has all the options except 20" wheels and the adaptive cruise control. : Very Happy Before I left the dealer, they told me some kid came in with his father and bought it after looking at it while we were test driving the 2014.
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What was the 01 trade in value?

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

They gave me a trade of $ 2500 on the old Impala, THEN before I left I was curious and asked another salesman and found they flipped it for $ 3500 to this kid with his father. I think it was ok considering is was a 14 year old car. I told my wife if we held onto it for another 11 years we could get Antique plates for it.
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.26

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah, with as little as my 2001 is worth, I've decided to just keep it. My daughter is 9, and she likes it so much that she wants it as her first car. Very Happy

Nice choice on the 2014.

Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks! - I would have never chosen the champagne silver if I were having it built, but being right next to it and looking at it, it is really sharp looking. I've got a bunch of pix to upload and display the new ride if I can figure out how the upload works....
QuickNick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.12

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Think of it this way-you traded your Impala for another Impala! Nothing wrong with that at all.

I've been looking at Malibu's & feeling guilty myself Embarassed I really like the quad tail lights & the little bowties in the headlights...
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.35

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just last week I had a kid walking down the sidewalk stop and ask me 'Hey is that your Impala in the driveway?' to which I nodded. Then he said he notices different wheels on it all the time and really likes the car.. then tells me of a story how someone just tagged his P71 and the frame is now ripped and he needs a new car by the end of the month and wondered if I'd sell mine. I said I'd consider it, but I have a family member interested in it first. So then he asked what I'd sell it for and I told 'em it really depended on what wheels/tires went with it and that the SS summer set received bran-new tires late this past summer. He couldn't get a number out of me so then he throws out $3500, to which I LOL'd. Told 'em he can get these older Impalas for that price, but not mine, and doubtfully as currently kept up on Maintenance being I've also dumped some cash into it the past couple years. He then mentioned he noticed an SS locally on CL for $3500 and I again laughed and said 'yeah I noticed that one too... it's got miles and a busted up lower valance'. He then upped the offer tp $5k. Told 'em he's in the park now, but I just threw all new brakes on it like a month ago and not the cheap stuff either, plus I spent over a week and a half buffing the thing late last summer which was kind of a PITA, so I'm really not in a hurry to sell it, haha. I could sell it fairly easy I'm sure, but my reasons not to are exactly the same as OP's reason to sell his... I've dumped all this money into it getting things fixed as they come up, may as well drive 'er into the ground now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: