NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Master Window Switch/Controller
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Master Window Switch/Controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patyson
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:  Master Window Switch/Controller Reply with quote

Drivers side (front) window / auto button.you know the one,just started acting up.

Should I look at cleaning it / playin' with the contacts,getting one from someone here,or just getting the whole unit from ebay or amazon,etc... or pay for original GM???

Thanx for any feedback

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A new one from Amazon is $32.41. You could save that money by just cleaning the contacts.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Got a complete unit at the local bone yard for $9. Works perfectly. Got a spare for another $9. 30 day guarantee. GARY

HotSauce6226
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 1.47

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Its very simple to clean the contacts and it will be fixed.

patyson
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah,I think I'll see if I can pick one up at the junkie for backup (hopefully,lol),and as soon as we get another warm enough day,I'll pull it and hit it with some contact cleaner.

It's working,but usually only if I favor one side of it. Sad

As any of you fellow smokers would know,that window gets more than average use. Rolling Eyes

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The problem with the design of these cars is when we go to the car in the morning, & there's dew on the roof, when we lower the window & take off, the water flows off the roof, & directly into the pwr wdo switches. Older cars used to have rain gutters to prevent this from happening. When I go to the local U-Pick looking for fresh Impala's to gut, the 1st thing missing are the pwr wdo switches. Living in Florida, the windows are up 98% of the time, but on the odd 60 degree winter day, the windows don't go down until the roof is clear of all moisture. GARY

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Okay so I bought this switch yesterday and got it in today. I will install it soon. You guys convinced me. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: