NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 01 Impala build
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

01 Impala build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

Posts per day: 0

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:  01 Impala build Reply with quote

Hey guys I figured I would go ahead and start a thread of my car with mods, pics and future updates.

I bought my 3rd impala a few months ago it's an 01 base model 3.4L for $2000 with 158K miles. Ran great and everything worked. No rust, no body damage just some small paint chips and a cracked windshield, all together pretty clean.

The day I got her

First thing to go was hub caps

Color matched grille, which I also noticed it has no bowtie.

Installed some halo projector headlights

Took the halos out because they were terrible at night, put some 12K Ultra blue HID's in along with 5% tint

My buddy gave me an aftermarket air filter so I said what the heck and put it on. (I will be extending to outside of engine bay shortly)

Gf got me some LED strips for Christmas, hooked them through a toggle switch.

I tinted the tail lights with some night shades and added window vent shades

Just built two 3.7 cu ft ported boxes tuned to 31 hz for my 15s and sound deadened the whole trunk. Took me at least an hour to get them through the trunk opening. Very very tight fit.

Subs are made by a company called Q Power, they seem to hit really hard and handle some abuse. 2000 watts max 750 watts rms each. They are 4 ohm DVC wire down to 1 ohm.

Right now im running a class D, GP1600.1 Crunch Ground Pounder amp. 4 gauge wire and a small cap. Soon to come is a big 3 upgrade and bigger alt.

With the weather the way its been I'm limited on what I can do, but not bad for a start IMO. This is how she sits now.

Still a ton of things to come. Quad tail lights, SS spolier, LS front bumper, color match all trim, finish debaging, full leather interior swap, all LED interior lights, bigger rims, air bags etc...
QuickNick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.12

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looking good! Big change from day one Cool
On the grille, how did you prep it? Special paint/primer or just regular stuff? It looks like it turned out very good!
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

need to wetsand and clear coat them tail lights.
it will look like this after if done right
my tails:

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
Ian

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks, I just used primer for plastics, few coats of dupli-color and a couple coats clear. And I def planned on wet sanding the tails, it was like -10 when I tinted them. Painting outside then running in for them to cure, I just wanted to be done already lol. Yours look really good grimsin.
patyson
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Lookin good...hope you don't have a flat tire in the rain.

Keep up the good work!

* I have several "extras" lying around,so PM me if you're looking for something in particular.

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

how's backing up in that? lol woulda left the reverse light lens, but other that that looks good.
Ian

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ya if I get a flat I'm pretty much screwed lol. Backing up at night isn't too bad since I have to roll my window down anyways cause of the 5%. I don't plan on having them too much longer, I have a whole other set of brake lights for when I do quads that I'm going to color match as if they had covers on them. I did these just for a change from stock. Its been too cold to put good time into anything paint wise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: