NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Washing Machine Question
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Washing Machine Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject:  Washing Machine Question Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an issue with my Admiral Washing Machine. Model Number ATW4475VQ0 Everything seems to work fine except the machine will not spin on the spin cycle. It seems like you can hear the motor turn on but the machine will not spin. The machine drains with no problems and everything else seems to work fine. I have checked the lid sensor as I saw that could be a problem but that seems to be working just fine. What do you think the issue could be? Thanks in advance.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
Chip1035
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.07

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Do you know the machine will spin during the wash cycle?
Could be the lid sensor failed electrically. If the washer won't spin during any mode, it could be the clutch.
TommySS

Posts per day: 0

2011 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject:  Admiral Washing Machine Reply with quote

I too had an Admiral washing machine. After many years, it did same thing as yours. I believe you have a transmission problem. I chose to replace the washer rather than spend 75 percent of the cost of a new machine on a transmission.
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you know the machine will spin during the wash cycle?
Could be the lid sensor failed electrically. If the washer won't spin during any mode, it could be the clutch.

Yes the machine will spin during the wash cycle, just not during the spin cycle. I checked the lid sensor and it seems to engage and disengage when open and closed.

Quote:
I too had an Admiral washing machine. After many years, it did same thing as yours. I believe you have a transmission problem. I chose to replace the washer rather than spend 75 percent of the cost of a new machine on a transmission.

Thats what I was thinking. Either clutch or transmission. It is a 2 speed motor. I was thinking it would be a better idea just to purchase another machine.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.44

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Could be the timer. On the typical models of the last 15 years, a tech would say that if he only got this info over a forum. But from here it could be anything. I happen to frequent an appliance repair forum. Here it is if you want to ask them:

http://appliantology.org/

amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

madbrad wrote:
Could be the timer. On the typical models of the last 15 years, a tech would say that if he only got this info over a forum. But from here it could be anything. I happen to frequent an appliance repair forum. Here it is if you want to ask them:

http://appliantology.org/

Good call Madbrad. I went ahead and got on that forumn.

Vehicles:
jw319901
Uber
Uber
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Not sure if this is prob or not, but I had a similar issue before. "Control panel" was replaced, I think it was a timer issue, that was the fix.

amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

jw319901 wrote:
Not sure if this is prob or not, but I had a similar issue before. "Control panel" was replaced, I think it was a timer issue, that was the fix.

Right on. I just went ahead and purchased a new machine. Some of the advice pointed at clutches and transmissions mostly on the appliance forums so I just purchased a new one. The one I had was around for a bit of time anyway.

Vehicles:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: