NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Blower motor ??
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Blower motor ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guinnessfan
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.09

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Buick Rendezvous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:  Blower motor ?? Reply with quote

My heat used to come on after I ran the car for a couple miles, now I've got nothing. Does this sound like the blower motor failing ? If so, how difficult is this fix ? Thanks for any valuable input.
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

is the blower motor blowing or is it not? when you used to come on do you mean at first it wouldnt do anything then it would just kick on? or it would blow hot air? the blower motor aint nothing just remove the upper panel under the dash then some more bolts for the motor and thats all

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
guinnessfan
Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Buick Rendezvous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

When I Start the car, I have no airflow from the blower. As I'm driving, the blower will start blowing air, the heat works fine, it's just that the switch does nothing until the air starts flowing. It blows whenever it feels like it
MyDvd7MD
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.2

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Could be blower motor, but my 2000 impala was doing that and it was blower resistor. Mine would stop blowing and then after a while may start working. But if i remember right my still had low speed just no other speed. And low speed blower for heat on a 10 degree day is not good.

guinnessfan
Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Buick Rendezvous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

When I have the heat, it blows on ALL speeds. It either blows, or it doesn't. One time I did pound the dash and it came on, then one time it didn't.
QuickNick
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.13

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sounds like a motor to me. When I bought mine it did the same thing-all or nothing. If I unplugged/wiggled the blower motor connector sometimes it would come on. Smack it & it starts up.

Not really hard to change & the motors are pretty cheap. If I remember right, it did take a wierd socket to change though, like a short 6mm socket???
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

in my 04 i would open the sun roof and turn on fresh air to spool up the blower then once she got up to speed i would shut the sun roof and turn off fresh air. this worked for awhile till the motor was so weak it would keep its self spinning without the sun roof open then it stopped working all together. i got one from autozone but it is loud and sounds like a monster under the dash

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
impy2lt2014

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Irish_alley wrote:
in my 04 i would open the sun roof and turn on fresh air to spool up the blower then once she got up to speed i would shut the sun roof and turn off fresh air. this worked for awhile till the motor was so weak it would keep its self spinning without the sun roof open then it stopped working all together. i got one from autozone but it is loud and sounds like a monster under the dash

Is it the motor making noise or is the hamster cage hitting something and causing a racket? If the cage is hitting something and it's plastic it will eventually self destruct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: