NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Sylvania 9005 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Sylvania 9005 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject:  Sylvania 9005 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance Reply with quote

Sylvania 9005 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance 65 Watt 2000 LM +/- 10% (Higher than Standard)
&
Sylvania 9006 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance 55 Watt 1500 LM +/- 10% (Higher than Standard)

will they work with the 2003 impala ?
Dave-C
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;t=49150
maybe this will help ^^

i see a some members are using zXe or ultra bulbs ...
myself have been wondering which would be a better, brighter bulb.
reg. bulbs just dont cut it for me, especially driving out of town ...

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I've never heard of the zXe before. Might have too look into it. I've be running Ultras for few years no problems.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I use them (zxe's), they're pretty good. I won't say they blow u away or anything, but they're nice, and with them being xenon filled, they give off a nice look.
ScottMPala
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.5

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Stick to 4300 to 5000k h.i.d.for greater light output. Blue lights are pretty bad in any version. Remember those old sunglasses blublockers? They were designed to prevent blue light from your eyes, thus allowing only light colors your eyes can easily handle. Blue light is harder to process in the eyes.

With that being said, blue halogen bulbs are coated and burn out faster without creating greater useable light. They are not worth the extra cash imo, and the zxe bulbs are not designed for extra light output but designed to give the "tuner" crowd street legal bulbs that mimic h.i.d. it's kind of like eating a turkey burger instead of hamburger because it's "healthier", except they used cheap quality turkey that was more fatty and added an extra slice of cheese to up the value. Yeah, it looks appealing and sound like a healthy alternative but had more calories and didn't taste like hamburger. And was more expensive.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ScottMPala wrote:
Stick to 4300 to 5000k h.i.d.for greater light output. Blue lights are pretty bad in any version. Remember those old sunglasses blublockers? They were designed to prevent blue light from your eyes, thus allowing only light colors your eyes can easily handle. Blue light is harder to process in the eyes.

With that being said, blue halogen bulbs are coated and burn out faster without creating greater useable light. They are not worth the extra cash imo, and the zxe bulbs are not designed for extra light output but designed to give the "tuner" crowd street legal bulbs that mimic h.i.d. it's kind of like eating a turkey burger instead of hamburger because it's "healthier", except they used cheap quality turkey that was more fatty and added an extra slice of cheese to up the value. Yeah, it looks appealing and sound like a healthy alternative but had more calories and didn't taste like hamburger. And was more expensive.

I've been using the same Silverstar bulbs since 2009 on my car. Don't really like HIDs. I don't want to be guy that blinds everyone in oncoming lanes. Laughing Plus they're too pricey for me.

04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.59

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
I've been using the same Silverstar bulbs since 2009 on my car. Don't really like HIDs. I don't want to be guy that blinds everyone in oncoming lanes. Laughing Plus they're too pricey for me.

similar here, Silverstars since 2010 and never had one burn out

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.44

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

In all the different cars I've had where I tried Silverstar or GE Nighthawk, they always have a short lifespan. I dislike paying something like 4 times to get less lifespan. Maybe they're made cheaper and more vulnerable to vibration? But it doesn't really matter why. For those of you not experiencing this issue with yours, good for you. maybe you don't drive over bumps.
Headlight bulbs are a certain wattage. They can't go more than that. There's also a legal maximum amount of light you can cast. They do not make them with more wattage, so how can they get more light? By altering the beam. They move the filament so the angle by which it reflects off the reflector is different, so the beam hits the road at a farther distance. Then they can claim that it shines farther and print a fancy light cast diagram on the box. That beam breaks the law. Any bulb that says "off road use only" or "check your local laws before using" on the box, is made out of spec in this manner or has too blue a colour.
Having the light be blue has no benefit whatsoever. Why do ricers want blue? I dunno maybe they're just stupid. They are after all ricers LOL. Some bulbs are more into the blue region than allowed by law(depending on the state but pretty much universal). Cars that have real HID from the factory and appear more blue than cheaper cars are still within the legal range of colour.
GE nighthawk have no blue on the glass. In a test done by a local TV news station that I personally watched, the Nighthawk was the only one that improved the light cast, and that was only on cars that have commonly known poor factory headlighting like my Plymouth Voyager or the 1st gen LH cars. I tried it on my MPV and I noticed the light looked brighter on the garage door but I couldn't tell if it cast farther down the road, and I had no way to tell if it bothered oncoming motorists. But not getting flashed by them might be construed as encouraging. But alas they had a short lifespan.
On my Impala I use yellow headlight and fog light bulbs. It's teh anti rice! Conveniently enough, they are all 4 of them H11 bulbs. I buy them like 4 at a time so I have spares, pretty damn cheap on ebay and while they too have a shorter life than the regular bulb, it's only slightly shorter and they are so cheap I'm still ahead. From China with free shipping.

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes, I've heard many complaints of Silverstars not lasting for crap. Sad Fortunately mine have lasted a few years no problem. (highs and lows). I do run over PLENTLY of bumps where I'm from. So much so my exhaust rattles now. Mad I guess some get luckier than others. Confused I'll try these zXe bulbs when my Ultras finally crap out.

04ImpalaSS wrote:

wedebrook wrote:

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
bigdog60
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
Yes, I've heard many complaints of Silverstars not lasting for crap. Sad Fortunately mine have lasted a few years no problem. (highs and lows). I do run over PLENTLY of bumps where I'm from. So much so my exhaust rattles now. Mad I guess some get luckier than others. Confused I'll try these zXe bulbs when my Ultras finally crap out.

Not meaning to rain on the parade...but they are just Blue Coated Bulbs imo

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bigdog60 wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:

Not meaning to rain on the parade...but they are just Blue Coated Bulbs imo

Perhaps, I'll find out.

04ImpalaSS wrote:

wedebrook wrote:

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

madbrad wrote:
In all the different cars I've had where I tried Silverstar or GE Nighthawk, they always have a short lifespan. I dislike paying something like 4 times to get less lifespan. Maybe they're made cheaper and more vulnerable to vibration? But it doesn't really matter why. For those of you not experiencing this issue with yours, good for you. maybe you don't drive over bumps.
Headlight bulbs are a certain wattage. They can't go more than that. There's also a legal maximum amount of light you can cast. They do not make them with more wattage, so how can they get more light? By altering the beam. They move the filament so the angle by which it reflects off the reflector is different, so the beam hits the road at a farther distance. Then they can claim that it shines farther and print a fancy light cast diagram on the box. That beam breaks the law. Any bulb that says "off road use only" or "check your local laws before using" on the box, is made out of spec in this manner or has too blue a colour.
Having the light be blue has no benefit whatsoever. Why do ricers want blue? I dunno maybe they're just stupid. They are after all ricers LOL. Some bulbs are more into the blue region than allowed by law(depending on the state but pretty much universal). Cars that have real HID from the factory and appear more blue than cheaper cars are still within the legal range of colour.
GE nighthawk have no blue on the glass. In a test done by a local TV news station that I personally watched, the Nighthawk was the only one that improved the light cast, and that was only on cars that have commonly known poor factory headlighting like my Plymouth Voyager or the 1st gen LH cars. I tried it on my MPV and I noticed the light looked brighter on the garage door but I couldn't tell if it cast farther down the road, and I had no way to tell if it bothered oncoming motorists. But not getting flashed by them might be construed as encouraging. But alas they had a short lifespan.
On my Impala I use yellow headlight and fog light bulbs. It's teh anti rice! Conveniently enough, they are all 4 of them H11 bulbs. I buy them like 4 at a time so I have spares, pretty damn cheap on ebay and while they too have a shorter life than the regular bulb, it's only slightly shorter and they are so cheap I'm still ahead. From China with free shipping.
more then likely the bulbs were not professionally installed.. and were user installed

takes just a little bit of skin oil to permanently damage the bulbs.

They do not really care about little things about bulb color (as long as it's not too exotic)or hyper-flash(turn signal) here only if the bulbs are not functional i.e burned out .
they don't care if your license plate rusted away too my grandpas plate is 15% gone paint is 65% gone in the rear of his truck and no one cares.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I know no one cares but I got some bulbs from another member
Philips 9006 VisionPlus Headlight Bulbs

high beams are 65watts rated
low beams are 51watts

I'll upload a day time photo of the phillips bulbs

I swear these bulbs hit the perfect spots in the reflector . But I did manually adjust them several months back.

this is with the Highbeams on

Highbeams off

Highbeams on

Highbeams off

Before with old lights

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I had good luck with Sylvania Silverstars when I installed them maybe 8 years ago, but after two years they started dying off (highs lows and fogs) and eventually replacing one of the six bulbs every 3-5 months got on my nerves. I just use standard bulbs now.

I put on new rubber gloves before I even open the packaging and the connectors are always checked for cleanliness before the new bulbs go in.

Nonetheless, I haven't had a standard "cheap" headlight bulb burn out in almost three years.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bigdog60
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Had to get the fingers going... Silverstars in for 7 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: