NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - help please!!!!!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

help please!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject:  help please!!!!! Reply with quote

ok this morning car didnt start when i used my remote start. i went out to check it out and heard a clicking noise coming from the battery area not the normal clicking as heard from a dead battery. i also discovered that my key wont work in my door but will work in the trunk. so i cant access the inside of my car other than the trunk. im sure its just my battery that needs replaced since its over 5 years old. Any way is there a way of getting the rear seats down from inside the trunk? thanks for the help in advance

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

First question is how does the key work in the trunk, but not the door?

Either way, I vaguely recall there being a strap to pull on inside the trunk of both my Intrigue and Monte Carlo that would allow the back seats to release from their mounting points (provided you have a fold down rear seat). I don't know why the Impala would be any different.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

not a clue man. it is the worst time to find out as well. the seats fold down the strap is on the inside of the seats i can see it through the window. i tried hooking up jumper wires to the starter to try to get some power to unlock the doors with my fob but no luck. the only thing i see that i can pull is the emergency release for the trunk

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My cars had another strap accessible from the trunk (the Intrigue for sure... I had to crawl in at one point). Have you tried pulling back the carpet and seeing if they are tucked in there?

Dan wrote:

d
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

do you mean the cart on the floor of the trunk or the backs of the seats?

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The carpet up around the strut towers in the trunk.

Dan wrote:

d
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i did do a little checking but couldnt see much since it was dark when i got home from work. didnt see anything but doesnt mean they arnt there. only saw a couple push retainers one on each side. i will check again tomorrow when i get some sunlight. kind of a long shot but any chance you still have your intrigue and could get a picture of where said strap is for me?

lostwrench
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well, I just crawled out of the trunk of my 04. Those fold down seats cannot be released from inside the trunk.
You are going to have to concentrate on getting through the door.
As the very last resort, the small side window will have to come out to reach the seat release, or, if you have long arms, the door lock button. If you have one of those auto glass companies which come to your home, call and ask how much they want to remove and replace the small window.
Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject:  Re: help please!!!!! Reply with quote

Scotty455 wrote:
ok this morning car didnt start when i used my remote start. i went out to check it out and heard a clicking noise coming from the battery area not the normal clicking as heard from a dead battery. i also discovered that my key wont work in my door but will work in the trunk. so i cant access the inside of my car other than the trunk. im sure its just my battery that needs replaced since its over 5 years old. Any way is there a way of getting the rear seats down from inside the trunk? thanks for the help in advance

use a wedge to open the door and a coat hanger this is how the AAA opened my door after i locked the only set of key I had in the trunk (after that I got 1 copy and another FOB and is in a safe place)

fyi the alarm may go off so unplug the battery

breaking a window does not have to happen.....

you can also call a tow truck it's about $50-100.. and they will unlock it without breaking a window using the wedge in the driver side door method..

this will be cheaper then buying a new/used window for the rear quarter glass

this will generally set off the factory alarm. not sure about after market alarm.
lostwrench
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The small side window can be removed and replaced without breaking it.
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

sorry for not responding quicker been at work then when straight to my car to figure it out. GOOD NEWS! I cant believe I over looked this but after checking the truck and no luck finding a strap I went back under the front of the car and pushed the bracket or whatever its called that has the cable for the hood release and BAM hood popped open so i was able to open the hood and pull the battery. Thanks for the help guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: