NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2000 Impala 3.8 shutting off
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2000 Impala 3.8 shutting off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbconn

Posts per day: 0.02

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2004 Ford Ranger
2001 Ford Focus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject:  2000 Impala 3.8 shutting off Reply with quote

My wifes impala just turns itself off all sensors and relays has been changed cam and crank sensors maf key switch also and there is no codes when scanned but the other day a buddy took it for a drive and when it stopped he unplugged the crank relay and plugged it back in and it started, got home we turned it off and it would not start until we unplugged the crank relay we did that about 6 times he thinks may be a ground in or around the fuse and relay junction boxes causing static elec. in the relay. Help please what do you guys think
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.16

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i know on a ford a bad crankshaft sensor will cause no fire and no fuel to the injectors. fuel pump will prime but injectors wont fire. my moms 99 e150 was doing this put a fuel pressure tester on it had good fuel. put a noid tester on it, no signal. did a spark test no spark. unplugged the crankshaft sensor, cleaned the contacts with some parts cleaner? i forget what i grabbed and plugged her back in and no problems since. are you getting spark and signal to the injectors?

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: