NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - My new 2014 Impala 2LTZ with Adaptive Cruise Control
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My new 2014 Impala 2LTZ with Adaptive Cruise Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destroyer123

Posts per day: 0

2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Funny My new 2014 Impala 2LTZ with Adaptive Cruise Control Reply with quote

Below is my new 2014 Impala 2LTZ with Adaptive Cruise Control. It is such an awesome car! The car's color is Blue Ray Metallic with a Jet Black interior. This car is fully loaded; the MSRP was $41,460 .

2008 Chevrolet Impala 2LT
2014 Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ

Last edited by Destroyer123 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:32 am; edited 6 times in total
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome!

My wife wants one of these so badly...

I love the color of this car. How is that adaptive cruise control? Do you actually notice it working?

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
Destroyer123

2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

overlordspock wrote:
Welcome!

My wife wants one of these so badly...

I love the color of this car. How is that adaptive cruise control? Do you actually notice it working?

It works great ! It makes driving on the freeway much easier. The special grill (see above picture) it has (as compared to the normal 2014 Impala grill) is because of the Adaptive Cruise Control. So is the "Gap" button on the steering wheel. You set your following distance (High, Medium, or Low) Gap, and the car will maintain that following distance. The Adaptive Cruise Control speed you set is the maximum speed the car will go while the cruise is on; once slower traffic gets in front of you, the car slows itself down and maintains the following distance. The car can slow down all the way to a complete stop with Adaptive Cruise Control on. Once traffic clears (or you change lanes), the car speeds itself up, all the way up to the set speed, if traffic permits. Adaptive Cruise Control uses a radar based system (why the grill looks different) to detect vehicles in front of you.

2008 Chevrolet Impala 2LT
2014 Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to NAIOA ! Very very nice Impala. I always wondered how the adaptive cruise worked. I wish my Impala had it. Also gives your car cool grille. Very Happy

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
matt6995

Posts per day: 0.01

2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Had a 2006 LS for a few years. Was a member of this site for a while.

Decided to update and ended up with a 2012 Cruze LTZ RS loaded out, everything we could get with the Granite Black. It is the car next to the Impala in the pics.

Once I saw the new Impala I had to do it. After waiting for months for the right car and deal to come along purchased ours today.

2014 White Diamond with adaptive. What got me was the forward collision alert while driving it home.

BRIGHT red LEDs and beep beep beep. Scared the crap out of me.

So glad to be back in the Impala family. Will post more pics after get them.

TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hmmm when will the modding begin?

2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

matt6995 wrote:
Had a 2006 LS for a few years. Was a member of this site for a while.

Decided to update and ended up with a 2012 Cruze LTZ RS loaded out, everything we could get with the Granite Black. It is the car next to the Impala in the pics.

Once I saw the new Impala I had to do it. After waiting for months for the right car and deal to come along purchased ours today.

2014 White Diamond with adaptive. What got me was the forward collision alert while driving it home.

BRIGHT red LEDs and beep beep beep. Scared the crap out of me.

So glad to be back in the Impala family. Will post more pics after get them.

That's a beautiful car! I've seen a picture of one car exactly the same as yours. Your car is one of the most expensive 2014 Impalas out there--it is my car with the White Diamond Tri Coat exterior color (instead of the Blue Ray metallic I have). Since the White Diamond Tri Coat is an extra cost color ($995), it maxes out the cost! I hope you get a good deal on that car! What interior color did you get? I see you also have the 20" tires/wheels, which are required with the Adaptive Cruise Control--my car also has them. My car was factory ordered; I factory ordered it in April and picked it up in August. I got to choose every thing it came with that way.

Yes, the forward collision alert scared the crap out of me too (the first time it came on that is--now I'm quite used to it)--the red light, which is on the top of the dashboard near the windshield, will definitely get your attention!

I enabled the Trip B in the DIC, along with the digital speedometer, and speed limit notifier. Yes, the 2014 Impala has a function in the DIC that can tell you what the speed limit is on the road you are traveling on--it works fine on large primary roads (but not on small secondary roads).
matt6995

Posts per day: 0.01

2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks Destroyer.

We were looking at the Blue Ray but Wife REALLY wanted the White Diamond.

Car looks awesome in both colors IMO.

Our car had arrived Friday afternoon from the factory as a dealer ordered car. (If you look closely you can still see the white protective tape on the bumpers) It was easy on figuring out what we wanted on the car......EVERYTHING. I saw the status of the car on the dealer website changed from in transit to in stock so we went Saturday afternoon.

The only option left is the trunk organizer with the Bowtie and that had to be ordered.

Have a family member who retired from GM so of course got the GM discount plus another $1000 bonus cash.

Car listed for $42,335 + TTL.

After everything car was $37,285 + TTL.

Felt I could not pass that up.

Interior is Mojave/Black. I have a few GM ad photos I am posting.

Had to include the one with the Ice Blue lighting.

Getting the windows tinted this weekend and then hopefully can take some nice photos of the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: