NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - BCM Ground Location- where????
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

BCM Ground Location- where????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmakinen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject:  BCM Ground Location- where???? Reply with quote

I've searched, searched, and searched some more. I can't find anything stating where the BCM ground location is at besides "It is in the lower drivers side compartment." I plan on cleaning the ground up to hopefully stave off replacing the BCM after it had its first bout of problems. A good description of the ground location would be great, a diagram would be better, and a picture would make me Very Happy

Jimi Hendrix wrote:
I've got my own world to live through, and I ain't gonna copy you.
Bill58
Resident
Resident
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.2

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Prepare to be Very Happy
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uplo.....964858.gif
G201 and G203 are your BCM grounds.
jmakinen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just figured i'd give an update. I did end up finding the ground, exactly where the diagram shows. However, the ground was completely fine- no corrosion whatsoever. My next check was to completely unplug and remove the bcm from the vehicle (after the battery was disconnected of course). I checked the plugs for corrosion and once again, no corrosion was found. Plugged everything back in and........ everything works fine again? None of the connections on the bcm were noticeably loose. Not sure exactly what I did but the car works fine now. I even opened up the plastic box around the bcm to take a look at the darn thing itself and it looked okay. This is on my girlfriend's '01 Monte Carlo. As of now I'm waiting for the bcm to start acting up again before replacing. I'm sure that whatever I did is not a permanent fix but for now it's working. Maybe something was just a little loose.
Oh, and this cheap fix has lasted since my last post, so far so good!

Jimi Hendrix wrote:
I've got my own world to live through, and I ain't gonna copy you.
Panpan

Posts per day: 0

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:  Question Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry to bump this tread up but I am doing a lot of reading about BCM since I also have some issues probably related to it on my 2004 Monte.

Accordind to the TSB below you probably fixed your problem just by disconnecting and reconnecting the BCM.

It's exactly what I planned to do but I was told that after disconnecting and reconnecting the BCM, a relearn/reprogram procedure would be required.

You don't mention any of that. Did you simply reconnect it and everything worked ?

#04-08-47-003: Security Light On, Engine Will Not
Crank, Diagnostic Trouble Codes B2958 and/or B2960
(Repair Poor Terminal Connections at Body Control
Module) - (Aug 31, 2004)

Subject: Security Light On, Engine Will Not Crank, Diagnostic
Trouble Codes B2958 and/or B2960 (Repair Poor Terminal
Connections at Body Control Module)

Models: 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo

Condition
Some customers may comment on an engine that will not crank. Others may comment on the security light being on. Technicians may find DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) B2958 and/or B2960.

Cause
These conditions may have several different causes. In each case, however, testing of the BCMs (Body Control Modules) replaced for these conditions are frequently found to be operating to specifications and are believed to have been replaced needlessly. A change was made to the BCM hardware in February of 2003. An updated BCM can be identified by a GMAN169 or higher number found on the BCM part label. This hardware change was made to prevent the remote possibility that a BCM, built after the GMAN169 number, could be the cause of these conditions.

Correction
The following are the likely causes of these conditions:

1. Damaged or loose/unseated terminals in these BCM connectors may cause a security light or no start condition:
BCM connector C1 (24-way, pink in color), terminal B9 (white wire, circuit 1459)
BCM connector C1 (24-way, pink in color), terminal B12 (black wire, circuit 1835)
BCM connector C2 (24-way, grey in color), terminal A3 (yellow wire, circuit 1836)
Important: Use only approved tools for removal and testing of terminals. Do not use unapproved tools to probe a terminal as this could cause damage. Use Probe Tool J 35616-6, from the J 35616-B terminal test kit, to test the terminals in the BCM connector.

2. Check all the terminals in both BCM connectors, focusing on the three terminals listed above, for damage and proper seating of the terminal in the connector. If no damage is noted, follow the normal SI diagnostic procedures including clearing codes and attempting to duplicate the concern.

3. Always check for and clear all DTCs after recharging or disconnecting the battery. Attempt to restart the vehicle only after all DTCs have been cleared. This will help prevent an unnecessary BCM replacement due to false DTCs being set while servicing the battery.

4. A BCM should not be replaced when DTCs U1016 and/or U1064 have been set, even though the BCM is turning on the security light. Diagnose and repair or replace components as directed by the diagnostic procedures for these diagnostic trouble codes.

5. A current or history diagnostic trouble code B2958 in the BCM and a loss of battery voltage due to a battery going dead or a battery disconnect may cause a no start condition upon recharging or reconnecting the battery. Clearing the diagnostic trouble code will allow the vehicle to start.

6. The security light may turn on when the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) or PCM (Powertrain Control Module) does not receive a state of health message from the BCM within a specified window of time. DTCs U1016 or U1064 may set. Upon receiving the state of health message again, the security light will go out and diagnostic trouble codes will go to history. If this happens frequently, the vehicle may exhibit an intermittent or random flash of the security light.
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The Battery was out of my car for three months. I don't think you are going to have a problem unpluging and repluging in the BCM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: