NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Bought new gauge cluster and new parts
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Bought new gauge cluster and new parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject:  Bought new gauge cluster and new parts Reply with quote

I had to share this with everyone. Just got my mc ss gauge cluster in the mail. Man is it clean. I didn't realize the speedo sticks further out than the rest of the gauges because I've never seen one in person Laughing
Btw I got this thing to my door for under $35! Shocked I couldn't pass it up.
I'm gonna be sending it off along with other stuff to hotsauce for an led conversion soon. Gonna go with white everything. Oh, and anybody use a 5mm led in the speedo instead of a 10mm? Just curious because that's what he has left and didn't want to have to buy a bunch more just for one.
More things I have sitting around that I need to put on that's to members here:
-gmpp rear sway
-moog rear endlinks
-3 gauge a pillar pod
-lsx grille
-bowtie for lsx grille

I've just been way to busy to work on my car. And school starts next week which just sucks up more time Mad
Also want to be working on my audio setup too. I think I'm gonna go with 3" full ranges on the dash and 6.5" or 8" mids in the door and a center console sub setup.
Oh and projector retrofit has been on my list forever but it's a lot of money

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
HotSauce6226
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 1.47

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Found the answer finally:
Quote:
SS/LSS cluster is 9 bulbs for backlighting, LS is 7 bulbs for backlighting.

There is no need for a 10mm in either cluster. I did it as test when I first did the conversion, but it doesn't provide any better lighting than a 5mm

Climate controls is 6 LEDs for backlighting (use two 5mm for the temp sliders, and four 3mm for other backlights) and 4 LEDs (3mm) for the button indicators (2000-2003 only, 2004-2005 are surface mount LEDs)

http://www.bbengineer.com/cars.....rlight.htm

Yes, the LS cluster has 4 stepper motors, the base has 3 stepper motors and the SS/LSS has 6 stepper motors

BBEngineer

REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.35

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

$35? How many miles on it? That's cheap.

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.35

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject:  Re: Bought new gauge cluster and new parts Reply with quote

barnettimpala wrote:
I had to share this with everyone. Just got my mc ss gauge cluster in the mail. Man is it clean. I didn't realize the speedo sticks further out than the rest of the gauges because I've never seen one in person Laughing
Btw I got this thing to my door for under $35! Shocked I couldn't pass it up.
I'm gonna be sending it off along with other stuff to hotsauce for an led conversion soon. Gonna go with white everything. Oh, and anybody use a 5mm led in the speedo instead of a 10mm? Just curious because that's what he has left and didn't want to have to buy a bunch more just for one.
More things I have sitting around that I need to put on that's to members here:
-gmpp rear sway
-moog rear endlinks
-3 gauge a pillar pod
-lsx grille
-bowtie for lsx grille

I've just been way to busy to work on my car. And school starts next week which just sucks up more time Mad
Also want to be working on my audio setup too. I think I'm gonna go with 3" full ranges on the dash and 6.5" or 8" mids in the door and a center console sub setup.
Oh and projector retrofit has been on my list forever but it's a lot of money
You should have gotten the LSS cluster it would have battery instead of boost. unless you got a SC in that 02 of yours
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject:  Re: Bought new gauge cluster and new parts Reply with quote

Impala_03 wrote:
You should have gotten the LSS cluster it would have battery instead of boost. unless you got a SC in that 02 of yours

Monte SS cluster is the same as the LSS one. Only the Monte SS Supercharged version has the boost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: