NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - zzp add ons, now check engine light
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

zzp add ons, now check engine light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject:  zzp add ons, now check engine light Reply with quote

so over the weekend my brother and I installed a zzp cold air intake and 1.0 pcm on my 04 ss. install of the cai was a bitch, had to cut it to fit it better and it still isn't fitting quite right, but that's beside the point. sunday when driving it I noticed the check engine light had come on. today i stopped into advance to have it checked and it came back intake air temp sensor. is it just coming on because it needs to be moved to a better spot so i should buy an extension? also what's everyone's opinion of zzp? i'm not too impressed so far, and I don't know if I want to keep the pcm in, I don't like how the car shifts harder with it in. seems like more ppl on here use overkill.
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

With a simple intake like that the iat usually stays in the same general area. The only thing I can think of is its not plugged in all the wire, it broke during the installation or the wire got stretched accidentally. Make sure it's connected first, then reset PCM by via the battery and see if it comes back.

As for zzp, they are known for not the best customer service and quality. They are known for a few innovative ideas though and ill be using them for some of my build. I feel like they are now more interested in the Chevy sonic/cruze now then the 3800 s2 anymore. Intense-racing and w-body store are for sure better vendors IMO.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

TeenBeach wrote:
With a simple intake like that the iat usually stays in the same general area. The only thing I can think of is its not plugged in all the wire, it broke during the installation or the wire got stretched accidentally. Make sure it's connected first, then reset PCM by via the battery and see if it comes back.

As for zzp, they are known for not the best customer service and quality. They are known for a few innovative ideas though and ill be using them for some of my build. I feel like they are now more interested in the Chevy sonic/cruze now then the 3800 s2 anymore. Intense-racing and w-body store are for sure better vendors IMO.

Thanks, figured it out. Left the actual air temp sensor in the factory tube. That's what happens when you work on ur car until 2am with beers.

I've noticed that too about zzp, so thanks for the websites.
dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject:  Got another question Reply with quote

With the zzp pcm in, it makes the car shift harder. I'm not really liking that, and I don't want it messing up my transmission. Does anyone else with one of these know anything about that?
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Not positive, but I think ZZP pcm tunes increase the line pressure or something so that shifts are faster. I've heard it doesn't do any harm but don't have any firsthand experience.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: