NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Heater Core issues
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Heater Core issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rc10mike
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject:  Heater Core issues Reply with quote

Ive had heater core issues since Ive owned this car. Its a 04 SS I got used in 06. Anyway some winters I have heat, others the heat never worked right, would get barely warm.

Earlier this week I discovered a leaking coolant elbow, which I replaced.

I know its summer now, but Ive been testing out the cars heat in preparation for the winter.

What Ive noticed is if I go full heat, it will only blow hot air for the first few seconds, after that it blows slightly warm air....

Is this some sort of computer controlled thing because Im trying to have heat in mid summer?

My own theory is that the heater core is partially clogged, and doesnt have enough coolant flow to keep it hot....does this sound about right?

Im gonna try a flush next..

TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Doesn't hurt to go with a flush. Do the flush just on the heater core though so you can pour special heater core cleaning liquid into it. Let it sit as directed, then flush out using compressed air the opposite direction. So through the way the coolant would come back to the engine. This will for sure remove about almost everyone out there. Hope that helps!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: