NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Traded my Impala for a 2013 Cruze
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Traded my Impala for a 2013 Cruze
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bri2001
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Chevrolet Camaro
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
1965 Plymouth Fury
1989 Dodge Dakota

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Funny Traded my Impala for a 2013 Cruze Reply with quote

I traded in my 2001 Impala for a 2013 Cruze 1LT RS in Blue Topaz Metallic. It's also got the All Star pkg with sunroof and Pioneer speakers, and driver convenience pkg. I love this car, especially with the RS pkg which includes sportier front and rear fascia, body side moldings and sport suspension. So far I really like it.

From other thread..... Well, my 2001 Impala was just falling apart fast and I got tired of it. Although it "only" had 143K miles, in the past year and a half I dumped $2,500 into it for intake gaskets, wheel bearings, water pump, trans EPC solenoid and various other parts. Well before I got rid of it the intake gasket was already leaking again and I had oil in the coolant, steering rack was leaking and needed replaced, Security and ABS lights coming on and off, had a bad vibration I couldn't figure out, fuel and temp gauges failing, turn signal switch failing, needed new tires and brakes etc, etc...
Sooooo, the dealership gave me $2K for it so I said goodbye Impala, Hello 2013 Chevy Cruze and 38 mpg! I really liked the old Imp, but I love my new Cruze.

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

very nice

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

nice, congrats. does the rs package include any engine upgrades over the base cruze's? i know some have little turbos in them.
Bri2001
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Chevrolet Camaro
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
1965 Plymouth Fury
1989 Dodge Dakota

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

dan073eb wrote:
nice, congrats. does the rs package include any engine upgrades over the base cruze's? i know some have little turbos in them.
No, every Cruze other than the base model LS gets the 1.4L turbo engine, regardless of the RS pkg. So yes mine is the 1.4L turbo since I got an LT. It's no 400 hp Camaro, but pickup isn't too bad since it's only about 3100 lb.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I checked out a new Cruze in the dealership showroom and was surprised to see that the engine was made in Austria!
jumpman23_ss
Cadet
Cadet

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I work for GM financial and these cars are selling like crazy! Nice choice.
snook
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.46

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1985 Chevrolet Blazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My wife bought a 2012 eco, they are nice cars. Peppy for what they are, she has 40,000 miles on it already. So far its been no trouble. The only complaint is the oil filter, or the lack of. Just seems like a screw on canister filter would work better
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

snook wrote:
My wife bought a 2012 eco, they are nice cars. Peppy for what they are, she has 40,000 miles on it already. So far its been no trouble. The only complaint is the oil filter, or the lack of. Just seems like a screw on canister filter would work better

What kind of filter does it use? I was cross shopping an Eco with with the Impreza 2.0i Hatch and Scion TC.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

snook wrote:

My wife's 2.2L Saturn has the same style filter and I love it.

It's easy to change, doesn't drip oil everywhere when you change the filter, and you don't have to worry about cleaning the control arms or engine subframe when you are all done.

Granted it's on the front of the top of the engine and you don't have to reach around anything to get to it, but I wish all engines came this way.

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
snook wrote:

My wife's 2.2L Saturn has the same style filter and I love it.

It's easy to change, doesn't drip oil everywhere when you change the filter, and you don't have to worry about cleaning the control arms or engine subframe when you are all done.

Granted it's on the front of the top of the engine and you don't have to reach around anything to get to it, but I wish all engines came this way.

Sounds the same as the impreza 2.0i I was looking at. I thought it was a bit odd, wondered if there is any particulate drain-down into the engine with a setup like that.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

had the same type of paper filter on my 2.2 ion. they are soooo easy to change. just got the right socket for the cap on the filter holder, and an extension and it was a breeze to do. now, the 1.9's in the 97-02 saturn sl's.... ha. exact opposite. buried up and under the back of the engine. saturn definitely did a 180 when they made the ion oil filters.
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

dan073eb wrote:
had the same type of paper filter on my 2.2 ion. they are soooo easy to change. just got the right socket for the cap on the filter holder, and an extension and it was a breeze to do. now, the 1.9's in the 97-02 saturn sl's.... ha. exact opposite. buried up and under the back of the engine. saturn definitely did a 180 when they made the ion oil filters.

Yup, my sister in law has a 2001 SL and that filter is a pain in the butt and drips all over the back of the engine subframe, AND it's up above the halfshafts so the oil runs all over the boot and the shaft when you take it off.

dan073eb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
dan073eb wrote:

Yup, my sister in law has a 2001 SL and that filter is a pain in the butt and drips all over the back of the engine subframe, AND it's up above the halfshafts so the oil runs all over the boot and the shaft when you take it off.

yeah, my gf has a 02 sl2. she had an oil change done at a garage and of course the morons didn't lube the o ring on the filter and put the cheapest filter on with no ridges or grip (parts plus or some junk like that) so i had a hell of a time getting that off because there's no room to work to begin with, plus the filter was crap.
snook
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.46

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1985 Chevrolet Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Any filter on top is easier to change, they just seem cheap and small. In comparison to a regular style filter.

I bought one of these for changing oil in my zero turn mower and generator, I ended up using it on all my cars, it has enough grip to loosen the filters and keeps it clean.

http://www.newpig.com/pig/Vide.....;langId=-1

Not sure if the 2013 has a redesigned pan under the engine, but that helps keep it of that plastic shield they had a recall on
VTSS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I was looking at the Cruze when I traded in my SS. They are really nice cars but I wanted the HP the LTZ has Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: