NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 05' LS randomly stalling and idling a little rough at times?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

05' LS randomly stalling and idling a little rough at times?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject:  05' LS randomly stalling and idling a little rough at times? Reply with quote

Like the title says.......
car just started to randomly stall and idle a little rough at times. It stalls while at idle and while driving occasionally but only at lower rpm's. I did a search on hereand read about the numerous sensors that it could be and went and purchased the following ......
ew plugs
new wires
New fuel filter
IAC
MAF sensor
PCV valve
MAP sensor
I'm hoping changing all these will help solve the problem. Also going to seafoam the vacuum lines to see if it helps.
anything I'm forgetting to check?? Or any tips that could help will be appreciated .........

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.54

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Check and see if the FPR has fuel or a good smell of it in the vacuum line that comes off it. if so it might be the problem.
If not check that the IAC is clean and the tube it connects to isn,t kinked or clogged
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No fuel or odd smell in the for that I can tell. Putting in new iac this afternoon

Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.64

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Check and clean your IAC. I cleaned mine a few times and every time it idled better afterwards.

Then my car started wanting to die unless I gave it a little gas. Pulled the IAC and cleaned it but it ididnt help anymore. Grabbed a junkard IAC, cleaned it up and installed it, and it idled perfectly again. Very Happy

If your car wants to die unless you give it a little gas, then its more than likely a dirty/bad IAC.

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks.....
replaced it with a new one and its idling better and not stalling anymore. Hopefully the problem is solved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: