NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Lights in rear view mirror dont go on when doors open
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Lights in rear view mirror dont go on when doors open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject:  Lights in rear view mirror dont go on when doors open Reply with quote

They also dont turn on when I turn the light switch dial to on. The lights work, I can push the buttons and they go on, but they dont turn on automatically, or when I push the unlock button on the FOB. The back seat lights turn on with no issues.

Which wire would control the automatic turning on part? The light was not working much lately and I have had to redo the wires and jiggle the connector around, are the lights turning on the with doors and such controlled somewhere else?
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.3

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject:  Re: Lights in rear view mirror dont go on when doors open Reply with quote

LordJezo wrote:
They also dont turn on when I turn the light switch dial to on. The lights work, I can push the buttons and they go on, but they dont turn on automatically
That's exactly how my 05 Impala, & my gf's 06 Monte Carlo work, so I would assume that's normal. GARY

LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Do yours go on when you open the door?
9C3
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

While the dome lamp goes on when the door is opened, the mirror lights only go on when I touch the buttons on the mirror. Same with the Monte Carlo. GARY

LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Odd. When I used to turn the light switch to on all of them would go on, front mirror and then rear seats. At least thats what I remember..

But see, yours go on when you open the door, mine dont even do that. I need to figure out why and what would trigger it.
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.29

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'd have to check tonight to confirm how everything functions, but on my 03LS the map lights go on when the doors are unlocked with the remote.

I can check if they come on when the doors are simply opened and how they react to the dial being turned.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Remote doesnt turn my lights on either.

One of those pins back there that I hooked into the new enclosure must be triggered by the doors, I just dont know which.

Here is the wiring diagram:

http://minus.com/lfosveurdY9tJ

Even with a brand new connection piece the thing still needs to be wiggled when inserted into the mirror, so maybe it's the mirror going and not the wires.
9C3
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Oops! My mistake. I just went downstairs to check & yes, when I open the door, the dome lamp, & mirror lamps come on. The trouble was I always keep the SURV button on which means no lamps lite when the door is opened, no daytime running lights illuminate, & no PRNDL, or radio lights work. But when I turn off SURV mode, all lamps work correctly. I checked my GF's 06 M/C, & her mirror lamps do not come on unless the buttons on the mirror are pressed. . Sorry for the bad info. GARY

Last edited by 9C3 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
LordJezo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Whats a SURV button?
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.29

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

LordJezo wrote:
Whats a SURV button?

A button for 'surveillance' on the police unmarked spec model (9C3) which allowed all lights to be disabled while the car remains running.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
9C3
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Lighting, on/off switch for radio display, automatic headlamps, daytime running lamps and dome light

This option comes on cop cars. During a stake out in front of a drug dealer's house, the cops can have the engine running with A/C, & the daytime running lamps won't be on, or any other lamps in the car, so the car won't seem occupied. Of course dark tinted windows help. GARY

Impala_03
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject:  Re: Lights in rear view mirror dont go on when doors open Reply with quote

LordJezo wrote:

Which wire would control the automatic turning on part? The light was not working much lately and I have had to redo the wires and jiggle the connector around, are the lights turning on the with doors and such controlled somewhere else?
fairly common issue.

I have some velcro on it holding the harness from moving about. no issue with it unless someone touches it

9C3 wrote:
Lighting, on/off switch for radio display, automatic headlamps, daytime running lamps and dome light

This option comes on cop cars. During a stake out in front of a drug dealer's house, the cops can have the engine running with A/C, & the daytime running lamps won't be on, or any other lamps in the car, so the car won't seem occupied. Of course dark tinted windows help. GARY

wouldn't having the engine running tip them off that someone is in the car?

that A/C compressor is not perfectly quiet as it does make more noise them the engine it self i.e the Fans cycling on and off as well
9C3
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I would think so, but it gets pretty hot here in Florida to sit in a car with the windows closed, & no A/C running. Actually, the car & A/C compressor are quiet. The radiator fans generate the most noise. GARY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: