NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Ls4 swap
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Ls4 swap
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Idea Ls4 swap Reply with quote

Ok guys I am asking for a big favor. Can you guys post every ounce of information, knowledge, and sources to do an ls4 swap? I know there are a couple of you that seem to know a lot about what would need to be done (BBE cough cough). Mechanical wise, not an issue. Bolt right in. Electrical is where I'm needing help. I see Fiero guys doing it and ive been trying to read up on it. I need to start an account on the Fiero forums too to ask some questions. I know this is possible to keep the stock gauges and electronics of the 7th gen. The electrical just needs to be well thought out and figured out. That being said, bcm/pass lock can go bye bye if at all possible as far as I'm concerned. Tcu for the ls4 can as well. I already have an hptuners so I think that will help.

Please do not discourage this, being a waste of money or time. This is not just another "is it possible" thread. I'd like to see all the info that is know.
Mark my words, this is going to happen

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I know nothing about this, I have seen pics on here though.

If I was doing it, I would just go ahead and make my own harness

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.27

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

http://montecarloforum.com/for.....ls4-26283/

2000 Impala LS: Getrag 284 Swapped
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I do want to and will make my own harness. I just need help lol
And I've read through that entire build of that monte before. I don't want the new dash and gauges tho. I want to make it work with the older gauges.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What kind of experience do you have in the automotive field? A swap like that takes alot of knowledge.

I support your project, I think its baller haha we have just seen alot of people here saying that they really are going to do "this" but they fall of the face of the earth or dont do it. Do you have the funds? and if you do... send me over some Wink lol

Search the forums though.. not the actually search but go through the threads, you'll find what your looking for eventually and you will also find a bunch of other cool information/mods that will most likely burn a bigger hole in your pocket haha

Just make sure you do that right up when its finished!

Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Oh I have been searching. I've decided to go the performance route do I'm selling all my sound system stuff. It's all taken out already. I've been wanting to do this for years. Here's the plan:
Find a drivetrain including subframe and computers and wiring harness (no luck locally for the past few months). And the hard part about this is I want the engine and Trans on the subframe with the computers and wiring. All the eBay listings are just for the engine or engine and Trans.
The subframe is a direct bolt on to the existing car. BAM installed. But before that I wanna take care of some other things.
I've wanted to build up an engine so because I need the car as a dd right now I'm gonna tear the entire engine down and build it how I want it. This will take a year or two with my funds. But that's ok for me. In that mean time I'll be able to hopefully build a harness as well. But I need to search for that info more.
I'm dead serious about this, so if you have any hookups that I can get the entire subframe and drivetrain please let me know. I won't be using the Trans either actually Twisted Evil

outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Did you try emailing Morad Parts?

barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have not. I did see an engine on their eBay store tho and it was way over priced. I'll shoot them an email tho

outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

They're usually pricey but I'm sure they would be able to get you whatever you need..

barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm awaiting their response. That's the problem tho. I know they could get me anything but at this point in my life it's time I have not money. So sourcing the parts as cheap as I can get them is really the best option. And condition doesn't really matter. I really plan on tearing it down all the way, not just keeping the stock bottom end.

TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah I heard its hard to find parts you want on the islands. Hopefully it's not too much to ship it from the main land. Anything special you want to do to the engine?

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

TeenBeach wrote:
Yeah I heard its hard to find parts you want on the islands. Hopefully it's not too much to ship it from the main land.

I wondering if he is even gonna be able to find an LS4 in Hawaii. I'd imagine buying a new car might be more economical than shipping on across the ocean.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I just gotta hope an ss or Gxp gets salvaged lol. I'm gonna have to ask around and find out if anybody knows somebody who knows somebody that deals with salvaged cars or something of the sort. If not I'll have one shipped. Hell I may get lucky and fine one that says free shipping Laughing
I have big plans. I want to build an engine myself or with friends. So I'll be tearing it completely down. Stock crank with go back in with forged rods and pistons. I'll be weighing the rods and pistons myself to try and at least balance that. I haven't decided if I want to take it somewhere to have them balance it yet or not. I'll definately have the block plained for a true flat surface and bored something over, not sure how much. Heads, I don't really know yet. Depends on how much an aftermarket set costs. I'd like to find stock ones from another ls that are bigger and port myself. I understand porting is an art. It wouldn't be as good as it could be but definately better than stock. Cam will be the biggest thing i can use. I want something almost too agressive for the street. Intake will be ls7 probably. I don't want dod so that doesn't matter. Internals will be built with the idea of turbo in mind because I want to but that may not go in right away.

Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.75

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Please don't waste your time doing this and buy something already V8

Sold 28/10/11
Bill58
Resident
Resident
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.2

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just put an LS4 sticker next to your ss and turbo stickers. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: