NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Radiator
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Radiator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber
Elite Contributor (Amount: 1) Elite Contributor

Posts per day: 0.24

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject:  Radiator Reply with quote

Hey peeps, I brought the Imp out of winter hybernation and it looks like I need a radiator. Any suggestions on type and/or brand? I was looking at ZZp's oversized or should I get a standard one with a lifetime warranty.

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I would go with milzy's aluminum radiator or zzp's aluminum one if you have the dough, then you never have to worry about flimsy plastic radiators again!

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.93

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I just replaced mine w one that was 125ish w lifetime warranty

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

perfect time to upgrade, so why not?
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber
Elite Contributor (Amount: 1) Elite Contributor

Posts per day: 0.24

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No direct fit aluminum radiators available. So I'll be installing a factory replacement, been reading about to many aftermarket rads needing minor modification to fit properly.

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That may be right about zzp, they just started offering them. But milzy has been offering them for a long time, I've emailed them back and forth in the past and mike is a great guy. He assured me that they have had no fitment issues besides that you should use their slim fans. Also if it didnt fit, I think anyone that has dealt with milzy will agree that they have very good customer service.You can also ask for custom coolers such as powersteering. But if you feel comfortable with something go for it. I just like supporting vendors I suppose.

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.93

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Also, for those wondering about fans. The LS4 fans are 2.5inches thinner than the L36 fans. Just a tip

Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What is wrong with yours? If you have a small crack in the plastic end tanks, they can be repaired and you can find heat iron and plastic stick kits online fairly cheaply, or have a shop fix it.

Otherwise, a new GM radiator can be found in the low 200 range, and its what I would go with honestly.

I had a small crack in my rad 2 years ago and went with the Advance Auto aftermarket one since it was about $110 after discounts. Chevy dealer wanted $220 for a genuine one. Well, 2 years later the trans fittings on the aftermarket are leaking and I have to try to warranty it out for a new one. Rolling Eyes Car has also generally ran hotter with the aftermarket rad as well. You get what you pay for...... Confused

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MISHNAH wrote:
You get what you pay for...... Confused

Echo that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: