NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - L26 UIM / TB adapter...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

L26 UIM / TB adapter...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patyson
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Question L26 UIM / TB adapter... Reply with quote

I need some info on the Throttle Body adapter that I believe I will need for this UIM to work. Actually,I need ALL the info you guys can provide for this scenario. Rolling Eyes

Thanx

P A Tyson

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.32

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Use a gen5 adapter. You'll find one wherever 3800 crap is sold. Pretty sure I bought mine from ZZP but heavily modified it.

If you don't already have the stuff, the mod is 100% not worth your time. The aluminum manifold has the same failure points as the plastic one, flows the same, uses the same inside runners, uses the same gaskets. Some parts guy will chime in the gaskets are different - I don't give a damn about part numbers, they're the same style gasket.

If you want to do the mod and not throw codes, you have to get metered air from past the MAF but before the throttle plate to the port that sticks straight up on the manifold. I don't remember what this is for right now but some mad scientist's writeup will tell you. It's the only part of the job that isn't straightforward, otherwise everything pretty much bolts up. There's a little nipple for PCV or EGR I don't remember which on the other side on the bottom that needs to be shortened about 1/8in for it all to fit together. The vacuum lines on the side of the throttle body need to be lengthened because the throat of the aluminum manifold is longer. Your intake tube to your airbox might need modification after the mod for all your mods to mod together. That's pretty much it.

You can use the aluminum manifold with the HVII insert if you have one or want one.

I strongly advise against doing this mod. It's a waste of time, energy and resources. This is absolutely not me just being a hater. I've done this mod, my Monte Carlo has the L26 UIM. I put the aluminum intake on it after my second UIM failure. It has a couple thousand miles - and three years - on it since the mod. For me, it didn't cost me more than tossing another poly UIM on it, but the extra time you'll put into it is a total waste. It's good for a zero horsepower gain.

patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow...thanx,Dan...that just about covers it,huh? Anyone else care to chime in?

I love cheeseburgers too,by the way. Shocked

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.32

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Cheeseburgers are the greatest.

patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Especially, Bleu-cheese burgers! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: