NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - L67 Swap Help
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

L67 Swap Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintmatthew25

Posts per day: 0

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Snif ! L67 Swap Help Reply with quote

Okay, i am a proficient mechanic, but my research on the web keeps confusing me on the details. I need to know specificly what parts i need for a L67 swap onto my 2000 LS 3800 series II. Plus any first hand advice would be greatly appreciated too. I know i need heads, intake, supercharger, and injectors from a 2000-2005 impala (with stock supercharger), now i just need someone to fill in the blanks for me.
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.95

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

L67 idler pulleys, L67 idler stand off, L67 throttle body, L67 injectors, custom PCM, GTP balancer, L67 MAP sensor, L67 heads, L67 fuel rail, 2 head gaskets, head studs, MAP adaptor harness, bypass valve wiring, vacuum lines, brake booster line, supercharger gasket, throttle body gasket, lower intake gasket, lower intake O-rings, supercharger belt, GTP valve covers, GTP valve cover gaskets, coil pack bracket for 99+ cars, M90 from an L67, lower intake from an L67, M90 bolts, and new rocker bolts.

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.76

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What he said. Plus a transmission

Sold 28/10/11
saintmatthew25

Posts per day: 0

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks a million guys, that's exactly what I needed. But I had no idea I had to replace the tranny too. Will the tranny of an L67 bolt up to my L36?

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.95

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The reason for the transmission comment is because the L36 trans won't stand up to the power that the top swap will make for very long.

The trans in the L36 is the 4T65-E, the L67 had the same trans but it was the HD version of it. (different pass side axle and differential) Basically it has a larger differential with a shorter pass side axle.

So, if you want you could just grab the differential and axle off a donor car from the junk yard. If you plan on modding it farther, I would suggest just getting a built trans from Triple Edge Performance.

I've seen people make 300-350 WHP with his trans lasting over 100k. Best transmission for this car you can get. You could even email him, tell him your car info and what you are planning on doing and he will build you a trans that will hold to that.

Just be sure if you swap transmission or upgrade it, you will need to check what the FDR is. If you currently have a 3.05 FDR and the new trans has 3.29 (i'd recommend this one anyways) your shift points will be off and you'll be throwing a CEL. Easy fix, just get a tune for the correct gearing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: