NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - $1800 later...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

$1800 later...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject:  $1800 later... Reply with quote

Another transmission rebuild in the Impala.. No i dont own it anymore but my sister does so the car is still my problem to a certain extent.. Aamco transmission did this one, We shall see how long this lasts.. The transmission that was in it was a GM Certa transmission since i had it worked on like 10 times before and they gave up and put a certa in it.. This was done at Mr. Transmission.. On a the bright side, the car i have now has a sealed transmission so it doesnt even require a fluid change. BTW someone buy my NAIOA FWI V1.. That is all.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
MCO_Death
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.93

1994 GMC Sierra
2006 Dodge Charger
1995 Buick Regal
2012 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I can't see how not being able to change the fluid would ever be a positive thing in a vehicle... but that's just me.

If I had to deal with any 3800 based GM car again I'd opt for the TEP transmissions. At least they bother fixing the weak points in the transmission.

That's your best friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MCO_Death wrote:
I can't see how not being able to change the fluid would ever be a positive thing in a vehicle... but that's just me.

If I had to deal with any 3800 based GM car again I'd opt for the TEP transmissions. At least they bother fixing the weak points in the transmission.

The factory sealed transmission got me as well, kind of made me worry about the life of the transmission but after research and all i settled down and was okay with it. Yea I thought about TEP but we went ahead and did it with Aamco and hopefully it will work out till she is done paying on the car and can get rid of it.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.32

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject:  Re: $1800 later... Reply with quote

amoffitt wrote:
the car i have now has a sealed transmission so it requires special tools and technical training to perform a fluid change when the pan starts leaking.

Fixed that for you.

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.57

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MCO_Death wrote:

Agreed. My Malibu doesn't have so much as a dipstick and it pisses me off to no end. I do have service records that indicate the fluid was changed right before I bought the car, so I have to trust the paperwork...

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
MCO_Death wrote:

Agreed. My Malibu doesn't have so much as a dipstick and it pisses me off to no end. I do have service records that indicate the fluid was changed right before I bought the car, so I have to trust the paperwork...

Special tools yes but i haven't heard of anyone needing transmission work on the car i have. Doesn't mean it wont happen but it doesnt worry me as much the impala used to.

Vehicles:
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

amoffitt wrote:
Special tools yes but i haven't heard of anyone needing transmission work on the car i have. Doesn't mean it wont happen but it doesnt worry me as much the impala used to.

that has to do with the transmission itself, not because its a sealed unit. Seen plenty of sealed transmissions with issues.

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject:  Re: $1800 later... Reply with quote

amoffitt wrote:
Another transmission rebuild in the Impala.. No i dont own it anymore but my sister does so the car is still my problem to a certain extent.. Aamco transmission did this one, We shall see how long this lasts.. The transmission that was in it was a GM Certa transmission since i had it worked on like 10 times before and they gave up and put a certa in it.. This was done at Mr. Transmission.. On a the bright side, the car i have now has a sealed transmission so it doesnt even require a fluid change. BTW someone buy my NAIOA FWI V1.. That is all.

yeah my has a leak in in going to be the 4th time worked in coming up.
no fluid = wrecked transmission

so far having good luck with the Castrol DEXRON seems a little thicker then what ever cheap stuff there were using before. I have not noticed any on the ground so far since putting in a quart .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: