NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Goodbye impala....
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Goodbye impala....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brich

Posts per day: 0.02

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject:  Goodbye impala.... Reply with quote

Had my 2002 3.4 stolen thursday night/friday morning

overkill pcm
big 3
nice stereo system(did not bump, i love SQ, pretty sure it was stolen just because)

have to wait for the insurance on monday to see how they will assess it, i would love to find an 04-05 ss but being the upkeep on my 3.4 im not sure if i want to go down that route

if i were to look for an SS, what issues would i look for on the engine?, im definitely going to buy another blutooth obdii reader, i bought the torque app for my 3.4, so if i were to read codes what are some common issues

so might be an end for me on the w body, had it since 09....should have gotten rid of it when the head gaskets failed at the end of 10, but i stuck around with it, served me well, 2 trips from L.A to tempe....a recent trip to San Fran, this site has been a great help
9C3
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the bad news. But you never know. I once had an AK47 stolen, & 2 years later I got a call from the cops that they had it. Looked as good as new, so there's always hope it might show up. GARY

jumpman23_ss
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that. I have an 04 PALA ss I know if that we're to be stolen I would be seriously pist of for months. But mainly the problems mine has or had was the tranny gave out and the seals are no good. Had to get aftermarket seals.
From my personal experience those are te two things I see wrong with the 04-05 ss
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.35

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm curious... any update to this? I would assume it was stolen for the stereo and/or a joy ride or needed ride from A to B. It's just a base so I can't see it being hacked up for motor/trans/wheels/interior etc.

I had an old car (Cutlass Ciera GT) stolen once and it was indeed for the stereo. It was picked up 2 days later right were it was abandoned and brought to the impound, then I was called and notified. Sure enough all the stereo stuff was gone... and my back seat (wtf). Like no more than a month later another Ciera was stolen from the same lot and 2 younger Azn dudes were caught stealing the stereo out of it. I hope it was those 2 POS kids who took mine and were now being busted, I have no idea though. So I'm just wondering if the car was found at all or is still MIA?

Posts per day: 0.02

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

nope still MIA, well living here in the greater los angeles area theres no shortage of people trying to make a living off of anything possible haha, im pretty sure my car is long gone, either stripped competely....or for certain parts and ditched, or persons with bad intentions using it for dirt work, i guess ill be receiving an offer by my insurance company by friday with an offer of the value
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.35

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow. Bummer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: