NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - LIM Gasket and UIM Replacement
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

LIM Gasket and UIM Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevhenn54

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject:  LIM Gasket and UIM Replacement Reply with quote

Just finished the job, went pretty smooth. Instructions and pics on here are great, anyway to remove the logo from the pic????

Only thing I would add; it took a lot longer to clean the LIM when removed. Mine was a mess. The Throttle body was all black, very dirty and took several hours to clean. Gasoline worked best along with some carb cleaner, be careful.

Also, was getting some strange noise from the alternator and a scent of burning so I decided to replace. Be careful there are two types of alternator, delco and bosch and they are NOT interchangeable. Both will fit but you MUST replace with the type you take out; delco or bosch.

Thanks
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning about the alternator.

The LIM is good on some and bad on others - no guarantee of how much cleaning you're up against until you have yours opened up.

The logo shrinks down to a corner if I remember right, when you click the picture for full size, but I could be wrong.

I just did my LIM and UIM gaskets last weekend, not a fun job for winter.

Throttle body did not take me long to clean at all. Removed the TB from the car, left the throttle plate closed, and sprayed with TB cleaner. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, wipe, repeat until clean. I think I sprayed mine twice - didn't use any gasoline or other solvents/cleaners.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kevhenn54

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject:  Some additional problems Reply with quote

I guess the condition of the LIM and TB depend on how well the car has been maintained. This was bad, my sons car, I am embarrassed. I rerplaced the fuel filter, the original fuel filter, very dirty.

Day two some other issues, the tensioner leaked, my bad, I did not clean properly, fixed and OK now. However I have a very slight leak at the 6 o'clock position of the water pump. Took me 30 minutes to locate the leak but it is the water pump, again my bad should have just replaced it when I had it all apart. I will do tomorrow, a little tricky as the power steering pump needs to come off to get to one bolt!!!! Should not be that bad. I will take my time cleaning everything and use teflon on the long bolts!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: