NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Cluster LED upgrade...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Cluster LED upgrade...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patyson
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.28

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Question Cluster LED upgrade... Reply with quote

Is bbengineer still doing these? I tried reaching him...have not heard back.

Is anyone else here doin' this? If so,can you quote me a price?

I have my current cluster,with about 34K on it...just picked up another cluster that is said to have less than 100 miles on it...and it certainly looks the part. I just got it,and have not verified that. So,any suggestions on the best plan of attack would be appreciated.

Thanx

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I believe either he has stopped business or is on hold. I believe he got hit by hurricane sandy pretty bad. Also, just like with the naioa shop... There are not enough w body customers anymore. So the parts were becoming to expensive to produce.

Look on pfyc.com. They offer led upgrade for the cluster. Not sure if anyone here has went through them with the led upgrade but I've never had a problem with pfyc and I know people have nothing but good things to say.

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.95

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IIRC, the one on pfyc will not work. Shoot a PM to hotsauce he may or may not still want to do them. BBE put a hold on doing it, talked to him recently and said he just doesnt have time.

There are other members here who have done their own and may be willing to do one. Or you could always buy a spare cluster from a junkyard and practice.

Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject:  led's Reply with quote

Not to steal a thread but, the question was coming anyway. Anyone have info on what is needed to do the LED conversion? Where to get parts Part numbers/names? Thanks. Cool

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.64

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

BBEngineer has a schematic and other info on his site for an LED cluster upgrade. It's pretty straightorward if you have the patience to deal with it.

http://www.bbengineer.com/cars.....rlight.htm

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
BBEngineer has a schematic and other info on his site for an LED cluster upgrade. It's pretty straightorward if you have the patience to deal with it.

http://www.bbengineer.com/cars.....rlight.htm

Yup,I've been perusing that page...and I'm pretty confident in my skills,but certainly willing to pay the price for someone else well-versed in that task...within reason,of course.

Might just have to go ahead and tackle it on my own.

I still wanna know the best way to that darned lens off the cover.

Thanx

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

^
Make sure to do a write up if you figure it out

Also, if bbe is done. He should release all the info to the naioa community.

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.64

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The lens cover comes off with the bezel. It's held onto the electonic side of the cluster with a handful of clips. Once you take it out of the dash, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
The lens cover comes off with the bezel. It's held onto the electonic side of the cluster with a handful of clips. Once you take it out of the dash, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

As I mentioned in the initial post,I have another brand new cluster...

I remember quite a while back,I asked bbengineer that question,and he spoke of possibly using a dremel tool and/or some other means,and using a jig he fabricated to get a removed lens to be seated back to its original position...either way,that is why I never even tried or looked into it further...until now,of course.

I'll check my other cluster at halftime. Smile

Thanx

TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

patyson wrote:
...I'll check it out at halftime.

Waiting for someone to say something about the Super Bowl lmao. Watching football and draining my phone battery because of naioa. It's a good night haha

Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject:  led's Reply with quote

Thanks IffyG. good info. Superbowl, my Redskins aint there so just hoping for my numbers in the pool and a wardrobe malfunction. Cool

patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject:  Re: led's Reply with quote

topgun wrote:
Thanks IffyG. good info. Superbowl, my Redskins aint there so just hoping for my numbers in the pool and a wardrobe malfunction. Cool

Awesome...a Skins fan in NY...love it! You from the DC area,topgun?

TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject:  Re: led's Reply with quote

topgun wrote:
...and a wardrobe malfunction. Cool

Lmao! Thinking the same thing but would be awkward with my mom here. Grandpa also thinking the same thing Confused

Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:  led Reply with quote

No, England, but my brother lives in Maryland and when I moved here it was the Dolphins and Skins in the Superbowl so I picked the Skins, been with them since 1982. Theisman, Riggins and the Hogs were the best. Cool
Damm 109 yards in 11 seconds. Would take me 11 minuets. Go east coast. Cool

Last edited by topgun on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject:  Re: led Reply with quote

topgun wrote:
No, England, but my brother lives in Maryland and when I moved here it was the Dolphins and Skins in the Superbowl so I picked the Skins, been with them since 1982. Theisman, Riggins and the Hogs were the best. Cool

What part of Maryland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: