NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Turn not in safety...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Turn not in safety...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject:  Turn not in safety... Reply with quote

My driving record is completely clean except for now something that happen 2 days ago..
I have my AZ licence(commercial licence for you US peoples ) got it a month ago, any ways I was driving a big rig truck and was at a intersection and the intersection had a green light for me to proceed to do my turn.
so I looked at my surrounding being a very tight intersection for a 53 foot truck to make a right turn and saw a black honda civic in the lane oncoming lane that I needed to take up to proceed to make my right hand turn correctly/safely, but the civic was far enough away and slowing down that I thought he was going to stop giving me the distance I needed to take my turn... well I was wrong and he kept on rolling so I had to swerve hard right and slammed my brake but I bent traffic light.
so I am fighting this ticket with a traffic lawyer, not to really say I wasn't in the wrong just to have them drop the points so it doesn't affect my licence as this is my career now and I have major debt going to school for this career and with these points on my licence I will not get a good job/career..
anyone have any experience with fighting this ticket? any comments would be appreciated
Oh and I was on a 3 month probation period so the job I had terminated me... isn't life great .. Laughing

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.43

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

For Ontario:
Go to the trial as directed. The prosecutor will offer you a plea bargain. This is why paralegals are an unnecessary expense. You plead guilty to some lesser charge, usually one that doesn't have any points.
You can't plead guilty to or be convicted of a violation that has some points and not get the points. The judge can't change anything like the charge or the points, that's why it is all done prior to trial.
Once that's done you can ask the judge for the fine to be less, given your dire financial straits. You can also ask for an extended period to pay.

Had you been able to identify the Civic driver and served him a summon to be your witness, if he's willing to cooperate, you might have had a chance to win in trial.

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't have any input on your ticket, just posting to say that pa-in-law got a summons to appear in court in the US for a case where a farmer had an unpermitted field fire which caused zero visibility conditions on the highway. When he stopped and put his hazard lights on due to zero visibility, a woman drove straight into the smoke and hit the heavy equipment on his trailer hard enough to shear the steel from the side of her Durango and cause her serious injuries.

So now she's suing him (or trying to, anyway).

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
05imp
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Curious on how things turned out for you?
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

lawyer is taking it to court for me and ill find out in a month or so, it will be lowered to something smaller but that's around it, unless the cop doesn't show then it will be thrown out.
already got a new job and start next week though lols

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

To jump in...Glad to see you will be on the road again. Play it cool. What they taught you in school is nothing like you will learn out there doing it. I'm sure you were told that if you think... I'm going to have an accident... I'm going to have an accident, you probably will. Get the big picture. You are the Pro Driver now. Most 4 wheelers don't understand what you have to do. Best of Luck..

madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.43

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You didn't need any lawyer for that. What a waste of money. The prosecutor would have offered you that if you just get a court date and show up.

05imp
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

madbrad wrote:
You didn't need any lawyer for that. What a waste of money. The prosecutor would have offered you that if you just get a court date and show up.

Despite the best intended Internet advice people still tend to use both hands to cover their arse. Wink

With bigdog60.
Glad you have found another seat.
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, a big reason im doing the lawyer thing is to try to cover my arse the best i can lol, and I don't have to take a day off work my brand new job, they don't like giving new people a day off right off the bat.
edit: Oh here in ontario, all big rig jobs require that you hire a lawyer if you get a ticket and fight it, one of the things you have to d around here Confused

3.69 gears soon!!
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

so my case was yesterday, my lawyer said this could come out 3 different ways.
my ticket was "unsafe turn" and took 5 cvor points and 3 demerit points
1: 3 cvor points
2: 2 cvor point
3: 1 cvor point
i forget what the demerit points could of been lowered too cause i was just interested in my cvor point as it effects my job.
ANYWAY, he called me today and told me that he got it brought it down to "inter 1 cvor point and 0 demerit points Very Happy "interfering with traffic"
lawyer was worth every penny as i doubt I could of talked the prosecutor down that far.

3.69 gears soon!!
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

good news. i know in de i went to court 4 different times in order for them to finally trow it out, each time they asked "how do you plea?" not guilty, ok heres your new court date then finally on the 4th time i think the 5th time was my actual trial. but on the 4th someone in the court room knew me Rolling Eyes and talked to the prosecution and threw it out Cool. each time you plea "not guilty" they will throw a new court cost on your fine so most times its not worth fighting. but something else they offer is "probation before judgement" (PBJ) which means if you have had a ticket for the same offence in the past 5 years you can get this. then if you dont get another for a set period of time(seen them for 1 week to 1 year) the original ticket falls off your record you just have to pay the fine.

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: