NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Any Directv Installers/Techs
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Any Directv Installers/Techs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.49

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject:  Any Directv Installers/Techs Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was any Directv installers on techs on the forums.. I had a question. Say for instance if i have an account set up here and say if i have another place about 4 hrs away can i realistically take my Directv box and plug it in at my other location and wire it to a Satellite and focus it and be able to have Directv at my other location?

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

should work

My shop is a detached garage. It was too far for the signal to make it through wires. Yes, it dug a 100' long trench and found out after. (phone wires had to be run anyway)

The tech installed my old Dish Network dish on the roof of the shop, used the DirecTV LNB's, aimed it and added a box to my acct. as if it was in my house. Never had a problem with it. Im upgrading the shop to HD soon, already have a HD dish, just need the tech to install and aim.

I know people that have a spare dish and take it camping with them. Set it up on a tripod and run wires into the motorhome. They bring a box from home and hook it up.

Is it legal? I doubt it. Does the new equip have GPS built in to prevent this? dont know. My set up is only a couple hundred feet from the main dish and havent had a problem. But it was installed by DTV and they may have gotten special "clearance" for it.

Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thats what i was thinking too.. I think ill try it out and see what happens..

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.44

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have Bell ExpressVue and if I were to have a second location such as a cottage, Which I don't, they did tell me it's acceptable to do that, install a dish there to and just bring the tuner up when I go there.

HeMi
Guru
Guru
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.12

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

All it matters is the information/keys on the receiver are correct and you have a signal coming in, doesnt Matter where it is. I'd also Kill to get DirectTV again up here in The Frozen land. Laughing I miss when you could pirate DT.

Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes it will work. I know ppl that come to Canada in the summer from Texas and bring there DTV box with them. All you need is a dish.

20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.64

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yep. What they said. As long as you have the dish installed you can bring a receiver with. Lots of people do this where I have a place at the beach in DE. Most just have an extra receiver they keep there.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks guys.. Ill look into buying the parts needed and doing it this way.

Vehicles:
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Those bastards wont let me add it to my account without opening a new account for that other location.. They wont even send me the equipment to install myself, they have to have someone come out and do it apparently.

Vehicles:
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.64

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

amoffitt wrote:
Those bastards wont let me add it to my account without opening a new account for that other location.. They wont even send me the equipment to install myself, they have to have someone come out and do it apparently.

That's why you don't go through them lol. I think it's sort of frowned upon. I know a DISH installer that would install it for people but he's obviously an indepedent so it didn't really matter. Not surprising if you actually contacted Directv directly this is what they told you. Better way of going about it is just telling them you need another receiver for your house and buy the actual satellite elsewhere. Or just buy the receiver elsewhere as well but I guess you'd need a card for it.

But yea, just calling them and telling them what you wanted to do was probably the worst way to go about trying. Laughing

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: