NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Demodding....Kinda, But have questions.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Demodding....Kinda, But have questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impala2k
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject:  Demodding....Kinda, But have questions. Reply with quote

I have a Milzy Pcm, So here's My question.
If I go from Cone filter back to stock airbox with k&n panel filter, is it gonna effect mileage? The computer should compensate for this change right? The next question is I have a Wot Tech 65mm Throttlebody, is this paired with a stock airbox gonna negatively effect mileage? I am not too worried about performance anymore. If I go to stock box, should I also go to stock TB? and will that with the Pcm tune make a bad combo? Thanks in advance!

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

first question, are you de-modding to sell the car or your just tired of it?
impala2k
Resident
Resident

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

SuperImpala00 wrote:

Not planning on selling because I still owe money. I guess you could say tired of it. Got all this neat stuff and didn't really notice much of a change, just worst mileage. I never speed race my car, at this point I am just trying to go for reliablilty, and mileage if i can.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

impala2k wrote:
SuperImpala00 wrote:

Not planning on selling because I still owe money. I guess you could say tired of it. Got all this neat stuff and didn't really notice much of a change, just worst mileage. I never speed race my car, at this point I am just trying to go for reliablilty, and mileage if i can.

Keep the mods man, you've done the work. I'm a little confused how mileage can be so bad with the mods you've done plus the milzy PCM, did you describe to them all your mods so they can tune it correctly?
impala2k
Resident
Resident

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well I Have had things happen since I began modding. When I got my tune I had catback exhaust, and the 65mm TB and the cone filter. Since then I have had my cat go out and at the time not enough money to replace it. I had a downpipe fabbed up with u bend delete. I had planned on after getting the TB to get a port matched set of manifolds but lost my good job and have no money. SO the TB is not optimal seeing as how the diameter of the tb is greater than the Intake mani. opening. So in short everthing I have done is kinda " Half-assed '' now, that I can't complete the rest of the job. I love the car, but I feel I am neglecting it by leaving it halfway done.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

well I'd say you'll probably see little to no difference since it's tuned for the described mods.
impala2k
Resident
Resident

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah, your right. I don't know what I am gonna do. I am almost at 110k and things are starting to go wrong. I think I may put the stock airbox in with the K & N drop in. The cone filter I have is one of them spectre filters and don't know how well it filters, not to mention the position it is in right now is heatsoak heaven. Atleast the stock box position draws somewhat cool air.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If it's all possible, I would go to your local boneyard, pay the 50 bucks, find a good impala and cut everything you need out of it. Here in Oregon at the local yard you pay that amount and get whatever you need. Other than the PCM that'll give you everything to put it back to stock.
impala2k
Resident
Resident

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

SuperImpala00 wrote:
If it's all possible, I would go to your local boneyard, pay the 50 bucks, find a good impala and cut everything you need out of it. Here in Oregon at the local yard you pay that amount and get whatever you need. Other than the PCM that'll give you everything to put it back to stock.

I have all the stock parts. Just if i go stock (minus exhaust) with tuned pcm will that be bad.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

impala2k wrote:
SuperImpala00 wrote:

I have all the stock parts. Just if i go stock (minus exhaust) with tuned pcm will that be bad.

Yea sorry man got confused lol. It'll run like crap if not worse. If you don't have the stock PCM, a junkyard one would work as I don't believe you need it programmed to the car.
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.96

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

SuperImpala00 wrote:
impala2k wrote:
SuperImpala00 wrote:

Yea sorry man got confused lol. It'll run like crap if not worse. If you don't have the stock PCM, a junkyard one would work as I don't believe you need it programmed to the car.

None of that is true.

A junkyard PCM will need to be matched to the SERV numbers of his PCM, and then it will need the VIN programmed in.

And demodding it with just an intake, exhaust, and tune...you will be fine. It's not like you were tuned for a cam or rocker setup plus supporting mods. Being NA, with basic mods the tune isn't incredibly different. You will be fine keeping the tune and putting the stock air box back on

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

00impala123 wrote:
SuperImpala00 wrote:
impala2k wrote:
SuperImpala00 wrote:

None of that is true.

A junkyard PCM will need to be matched to the SERV numbers of his PCM, and then it will need the VIN programmed in.

And demodding it with just an intake, exhaust, and tune...you will be fine. It's not like you were tuned for a cam or rocker setup plus supporting mods. Being NA, with basic mods the tune isn't incredibly different. You will be fine keeping the tune and putting the stock air box back on

I'll clarify my run crap statement to say that there's obviously something more at work than his setup. While not having much tuning experience outside of fuel maps he has a specifically tuned PCM for certain mods for it to get the full affect. Simply swapping back isn't going to alleviate the problem.
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.96

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

SuperImpala00 wrote:

I'll clarify my run crap statement to say that there's obviously something more at work than his setup. While not having much tuning experience outside of fuel maps he has a specifically tuned PCM for certain mods for it to get the full affect. Simply swapping back isn't going to alleviate the problem.

If there are other problems the car is experiencing, yes reversing it to stock besides the PCM will not alleviate the problem.

I read your comment as stating that running a pcm tuned for basic bolt ons, without the bolt ons would make it run like crap. Which it wouldn't (Being it is N/A and the only mods were intake/exhaust)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: